JP Morgan Chase - Client Tax Specialist/Operations Analyst - CIB (1-5 yrs)
The Client Tax Documentation Operation team is part of the Client Tax Utility organization under Corporate & Investment Bank. Client Tax Documentation Operations are global functions across locations such as Delaware, San Antonio, Bangalore and Mumbai. The team works in close partnership with Client On-Boarding, KYC, Middle Offices, Credit, Legal and Tax Compliance to ensure accurate data is captured in the JP Morgan infrastructure.
The Client Tax Documentation Operation Tax Specialist will be responsible for creating; maintaining client and tax reference data and ensuring data quality standards are met in various systems. In addition, the role will assist with a specific remediation project satisfying requirements set forth by the IRS (Internal Revenue Service).
As a Client Tax Documentation Operation Tax Specialist the work would involve, but not be limited to, the following:
- Analyze, review and validate moderate to complex tax forms (W9 and W8-BEN, W8-BEN-E, W8-IMY, W8-EXP, W8-ECI and CRS Forms)
- Accurately process requests for customer's tax profile on various client systems
- Modify customer information based on daily maintenance requests (address, tax identification number)
- Verify that corrections and modifications in data are fed to various systems
- Monitor failure queues, mailboxes and databases to ensure all items are cleared in a timely manner
- Maintain procedure documents and help drive control-centric environment
- Strong client focus and relationship-building skills across lines of business and levels
- Multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in high-pressure environment
The candidate must be a self starter who is able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment.
- College degree or minimum 1year prior work experience
- Flexible to work rotational shifts in APAC and WHEM hours
- Flexible to work overtime and on holidays
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Takes initiative, can work with minimal supervision
- Excellent multitasking and prioritizing skills
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical, data management and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Investment Bank businesses would be an advantage
- Knowledge of US and non-US Regulations (including Tax) would be an advantage
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.