JP Morgan Chase - Audit Associate - Corporate & Investment Banking (5-10 yrs)
The role is for you as an experienced Auditor based in Mumbai as part of the WHEM Corporate & Investment Banking Compliance audit team with matrix reporting to Corporate & Investment Banking Audit lead in Mumbai and Corporate & Investment Banking Compliance Audit lead in New York.
The position provides audit coverage of corporate Compliance activities, specifically, Dodd-Frank Swaps/ Over-the-counter Derivatives and Volcker initiatives and regulation requirements. You will based in Mumbai and will work with Jersey City, NJ - based team and will be responsible for executing both regional and global audit plans for these areas. They will also partner with Corporate & Investment Banking audit colleagues to ensure appropriate coverage of Compliance issues in product aligned audits.
- You will participate on audit engagements from planning to reporting and produce quality deliverables to both department and professional standards and partner with colleagues and stakeholders to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls.
- Finalize audit findings and use judgment to provide an overall opinion on the control environment, communicate audit findings to management and identify opportunities for improvement in the design and effectiveness of key controls.
- Build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders, establishing a culture of engagement whilst adding value.
- Implement and execute an effective program of continuous auditing for assigned areas, including monitoring of key metrics to identify control issues and adverse trends and effectively manage teams where required, performing timely review of work performed and providing honest and constructive feedback
- Stay up-to-date with evolving industry and regulatory changes impacting the business.
- Travel to overseas business locations may be required. While the amount of travel will vary depending upon business need, no more than approximately 5 percent should be anticipated.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline and/or other relevant professional qualifications, e.g. CA, CPA, CAMS
- Minimum 5 years of audit or relevant business experience in the financial services industry, i.e. Capital Markets and Investments
- Knowledge and experience of Corporate and Investment bank products, as well as hedge fund, private equities and asset management
- Knowledge and experience of Corporate and Investment bank business operation functions and processes from front office and middle office to back office, experience of corporate Compliance activities across Corporate and Investment Banking businesses ideally from an audit or risk perspective would be beneficial
- In-depth understating of audit practices and methodologies, including risk assessment and a solid understanding of internal control concepts and ability to work effectively within a team Strong analytical skills particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of a control weakness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to management in a persuasive manner, enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal risk and accountability
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders, desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically, proven ability to multitask as well as assess and change priorities
- Self-motivated audit professional who effectively analyses risk and proactively identifies issues, ability to work well individually, and in teams, share information, support colleagues and encourage participation and Flexibility to travel as required
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.