JP Morgan Chase - Associate - Legal Counsel - Payments - LLM (2-6 yrs)
Legal Counsel Associate - Payments, Mumbai
Description: LEGAL COUNSEL- ASSOCIATE
Corporate & Investment Bank - Payments
J.P. Morgan Payments:
- J.P. Morgan Payments is among the world's largest, most trusted and innovative full-service providers in one of the most dynamic and rapidly transforming spaces in financial services. In addition to providing international cash management, liquidity, commercial card, FX, escrow solutions, merchant services and trade finance, we continue to invest in future-growth initiatives, such as blockchain, artificial intelligence & machine learning, as well as form partnerships with rising fin-techs to expand our client-base and product offerings.
- Boasting more than 135,000 clients in over 180 countries, J.P. Morgan Payments offers specialized solutions that provide operating efficiencies and value beyond other standardized solutions available in the market. Our global product and technology platform, integrated client service model and network of operational centers enable J.P. Morgan Payments to deliver a consistent set of services to clients no matter where they are across the world.
J.P. Morgan Payments Legal Team:
- In support of the rapidly evolving payments landscape , the J.P. Morgan Payments Legal Team works collaboratively across the J.P. Morgan Payments product, sales, operations, compliance and risk teams to deliver solutions for our clients. The J.P. Morgan Payments Legal Team is a team of approximately 100 lawyers in ten countries, supported by local country counsel and the broader global Legal department. Join us to grow your career working with a great team on complex and novel matters at a long-standing leader in payments. If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
- We recognize that people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global team are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion.
- We are looking for an exceptional attorney with a strong passion for drafting and negotiating commercial agreements across multiple geographies in Europe and Asia Pacific. Some knowledge or experience of credit transactions, trade finance, receivables purchase, cash management, deposits, liquidity, e-commerce, financial market infrastructure, merchant acquiring, multi-mode payments or fintech is welcome . This position is at J.P. Morgan's Corporate Centre in Mumbai.
As a member of the Payments Legal Team, you will:
- Be at the forefront of delivering our capabilities and solutions to our customers.
- Work cross-functionally and globally to negotiate commercial agreements with J.P. Morgan's customers .
- Contribute to projects that improve operational processes to increase the efficiency and scalability of commercial legal support.
- Liaise and coordinate with product counsel to draft and maintain J.P. Morgan's agreements, written templates and playbooks.
- Review consumer-facing documentation with an eye toward clarity, ease of understanding, and legal and regulatory compliance.
- Provide legal support to sales, client service and other company collaborators.
- Have the opportunity to work on projects and product initiatives across the J.P. Morgan Payments Legal Team and broader Legal department.
- Instruct and work with outside counsel.
What you bring to the team:
- Strong decision-making abilities, practical business judgment and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and advance multiple deals happening simultaneously, often on tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to suggest and implement change to improve operational efficiency.
- Effective and creative problem-solving and trouble-shooting ability, comfortable making decisions and taking ownership of tasks.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Desire to learn and intellectual curiosity.
- Qualified lawyer with about 2 to 6 years of post-qualification legal experience.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must be licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction of employment and successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.