AVP - Talent Acquisition at JP Morgan Chase
Views:2195 Applications:356 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:264
JP Morgan Chase - Associate - Credit Risk Underwriting (3-8 yrs)
JP Morgan Chase - Credit Risk Underwriting Associate
- Wealth Management (WM) provides advice, strategies and solutions for all aspects of the financial, asset management and wealth transfer needs of high net worth and ultra-high net worth clients. WM is dedicated to delivering an outstanding client experience by providing unbiased advice and personal solutions.
- Credit Risk assesses, permissions and manages credit and counterparty risks on an industry, client, geographic and transaction basis. Credit risk is the risk of loss arising from the default of a client or counterparty. The Credit Risk function identifies, measures, limits, manages and monitors credit risk across our businesses. Credit exposure arises through underwriting, lending and trading activities with and for clients and counterparties, as well as from a range of operating services such as cash management and clearing activities.
- Evaluate WM consumer and business purpose credit requests utilizing applicable Credit Risk Policies and Guidelines.
- Analyze business/entity financial statements, public information sources, credit reports, and other relevant information to calculate cash flow and balance sheet ratios. Utilize these ratios and evaluate other qualitative factors to determine a client's risk of default following J.P. Morgan Wholesale Risk Grading Methodology to comply with Basel III standards for regulatory risk grading requirements.
- Complete an analysis of the collateral and/or loan covenants/ events of default to determine the potential loss in a default situation. Independently identify and clearly articulate risks and mitigating factors that could impact the client's ability to repay the loan. Recommend a course of action with clear and concise rationale.
- Understand and clearly articulate geo-political risks and jurisdictional issues that impact our domestic and cross-border clients. Engage in regular dialogue with Front Office to obtain required information critical to making a loan. Negotiate loan structure and terms when necessary, and provide alternative solutions when appropriate.
- Escalate credit issues to Credit Executive and provide solution(s) and/or next steps for resolution. Responsibility for portfolio management and appropriate escalation for their respective markets to ensure credit risk is maintained.
- Work with Risk Support and Closing partners to ensure a seamless and timely delivery of credit to the client, while maintaining a strict regulatory and control environment. Special projects will be assigned as appropriate.
- Mentor less experienced Credit Analysts and Support Partners, as well as other WM staff
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Post Graduate degree required; Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Management
- 3-8 years of relevant experience.
- Possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with people at all levels in the organization and contribute to the strategic direction of the firm and the team. Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- The candidate should possess strong analytic skills and problem solving capabilities, excellent communicator, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of Capital Markets and Operating Companies. Incumbent must be able to work in a high production environment while meeting or exceeding agreed upon targets for volume, timing and quality.
- Must have a strong commitment to customer service and teamwork to contribute to high-performing teams through development of self and others.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills: Knowledge of JPMC software applications and a broad knowledge of bank products and services.