JP Morgan Chase - Associate - Business Analytics - Estimations Design & Analysis - Non-Modelling (6-8 yrs)
Shift Timings : 2 PM to 11 PM
The Financial Analysis group is comprised of 4 teams responsible for partnering across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis, central oversight and coordination of firmwide forecasting, macroeconomic scenario design and distribution, and strategic programs including the Firmwide Forecasting Framework (F3).
- The Estimations Design & Analysis (EDA) team partners with LOB and Corporate teams to support them through the lifecycle of estimation identification and development to expected standards, requirements definition for automation, and integration with our centralized, end-to-end, multi-purpose firm wide forecasting platform (F3)
- The Corporate Finance Analytics (CFA) team is responsible for partnering across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis related to business performance, regulatory reform, capital generation and investment/distribution
- The Firm wide Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is primarily responsible for leading and coordinating the firm wide budgeting and forecasting process, including the short- and long-term projection of earnings, balance sheet and capital over varying economic scenarios
- The Economic Scenario Management team centrally coordinates and develops the end-to-end design, review and distribution of macroeconomic scenarios used in the firm's forecasting processes
Estimations Design & Analysis (EDA) sits within the CFO organization and is responsible for, in partnership with Line of Businesses and Corporate teams, analyzing the underlying methodology of estimations in the firm and ensuring that they are in accordance with policy guidelines, and supporting the end-to-end life-cycle of estimation method design, build and integration with F3.
In this role, the person will work with LOB clients to build and integrate non-model estimations onto F3. The person will analyze existing estimation documentation, identify key calculations and dependencies, work with clients to design a driver tree and structure input data, and then implement the estimation into an automated framework. The person will also be responsible for designing wikis so clients can maintain and build new calculations on a self-service basis. This position provides a rare opportunity for motivated candidates to learn about forecasting methodologies across various LOBs and products across the firm and participate in and understand the end-to-end process from estimation design to implementation.
The position involves interaction with many teams across the firm including LOBs and Corporate finance functions, model development, and technology & operations. The ability to work efficiently and communicate effectively across these boundaries will be one of the keys to success.
Degree in a Finance, Economics, Statistics, Engineering or related field; advanced degree a plus; FRM, CFA, CPA certification a plus.
- 6 to 8 years work experience in financial analysis or risk management working with mathematical logic and functions
- General understanding of a banking organization hierarchy and structure
- Knowledge of financial products/markets and regulatory requirements a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience partnering with technology and business to drive strategic projects
- Candidate must be a self starter who is able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment
- Good organizational, written and communication skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.