JP Morgan Chase - Analyst - Mortgage Uunderwriting (4-8 yrs)
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce or Science
- Post Graduate in Finance, Well versed with Financial & Banking Concepts and Residential Loan Life Cycle.
- 4+ years of underwriting experience; in US Mortgage Originations preferably with Jumbo Loans.
- Deep understanding of all stages of Mortgage Originations.
- Deep Understanding & experience of Underwriting concepts
- Proficiency in all US Mortgage Origination Documents.
- Excellent knowledge of US Mortgage Concepts & Ratios.
- Working knowledge of major US Mortgage Regulations.
- Good MS Office skills.
- Experience in MIS generation, distribution and data analysis & knowledge quality tools.
- Must have had exposure to production management, work allocation, prioritization, exception handling, and process documentation.
- This team supports the JPMorgan Private Banking Mortgage Origination business.
- The team is responsible for the validation of loan underwriting by the Mortgage Underwriting team and ensure the loan confirm to the internal Credit policy.
- The loans belong to Private Banking HNW and UHNW clients.
- The functions performed by this team are critical to mortgage origination business.
- Individuals may work directly with Mortgage loan originators; US based operations group and other internal/external partners throughout the Mortgage origination life cycle Supported functions.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Achieve daily production targets on a consistent basis and turnaround Priority reviews within the stipulated timelines.
- Maintain over 99.5% internal and 100% external accuracy on a consistent basis.
- Get cross-trained and work on multiple processes.
- Maintain high hygiene standards and follow all process controls with no lapses.
- Assist in data collection / report preparation on various metrics.
- Identify & escalate issues on assigned reviews and escalate exceptions, procedure gaps to management.
- Interact with different stakeholder to resolve process issues and play key role in adding process controls.
- Processing/ Production -90% of the daily productive time, 10% - Non BAU activities, Business initiatives, process reporting, process trainings/ huddles
- Suggest process enhancements, possible automations for better controls, perform periodic risk and controls analysis with the team for process risk valuation
KEY COMPETENCIES ESSENTIAL FOR THE JOB:
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Good Analytical skills with an attention to detail, Quick Grasping and Retention.
- Coordination and Team work
- Time Management, Flexibility & Adaptability to changes.
- Willingness to work in US, ASIA & EMEA shifts.
- Exception Handling & Subject Matter Expertise, Challenges status quo.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.