HR at JP Morgan Services
Views:2851 Applications:104 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
JP Morgan Chase - Analyst/Associate - Wholesale Credit Solutions (0-10 yrs)
Job Description: WCS Associate (CIB)
About WCS: Wholesale Credit Solutions (WCS), is part of Credit Risk function at JP Morgan. WCS India works closely with in-country Credit Officers (COs) and provides them with comprehensive credit risk analysis of clients covering industry, business & financial profile; as well as recommendations on credit facilities & risk grades. WCS team is structured along industry lines with primary divisions being Corporates and Financial Institutions. WCS (earlier called Credit Analysis Unit i.e. CAU) was set up in Jan 2003 and currently covers CIB and CB clients across APAC, EMEA and Americas.
Role: Associate (CIB)
Independently prepare credit analysis on assigned clients (covering macro overview, industry/sector, competitor, business, financial and credit analysis) and recommend rating grades and credit facilities.
- Appraise and execute new transaction request from Bankers and prepare detailed onboarding notes/ approval memos.
- Get involved in transactions including discussions with bankers, negotiating of legal documentation, setting up facilities, coordinating with middle office teams and ongoing monitoring of clients post transaction approval.
- Build strong relationships and maintain open communication with colleagues from various LOBs including COs, Bankers, Operations, Legal, Middle Office, Finance, etc.
- Partner actively with various LOBs, Legal & Compliance, Operations, WCOB and others for onboarding, deal execution, monitoring exposures and regulatory compliance.
- Negotiate new Transaction documentation such as ISDAs/CSAs as well as amendments and waiver requests.
- Track coverage clients/sectors on an ongoing basis and update key stakeholders on material developments w.r.t. their clients/ industry and potential ratings impact.
- Actively manage credit exposure, prepare and present Annual Reviews, Quarterly Tiering Sheet and Annual Portfolio Risk Reviews.
- Be current on all firm-wide risk policies and ensure all governance, reporting and data quality requirements are met and maintained for client and client families.
- Mentor and train junior analysts in the team on fundamentals of credit risk, internal systems & processes and reviewing their work.
- Contribute to various firm-wide projects focused on improving risk technology, enhancing risk reporting, regulatory compliance etc.
MBA from Top Tier B-School or professional qualification in Accountancy
- Excellent academic track record; strong finance and analytical skills
- At least 3 - 5 years relevant credit / research experience
- Clear grasp of Corporate Finance concepts and their application
- Robust understanding of Financial Statements including Ratio Analysis, Cash Flow Analysis, Accounting Standards, Accounting treatment and Financial Adjustments
- Good knowledge of credit analysis techniques and process & multiple industry sectors
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interact & build positive relationships with key stakeholders (across LOBs)
- Ability to work proactively & independently as well as in a team environment
- Deadline orientation; organized and responsible; high attention-to-details
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and Power Point