HR at JPMorgan Chase
Views:2044 Applications:270 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
JP Morgan Chase - Analyst/Associate - Quantitative Research - Market Risk (2-7 yrs)
J.P. Morgans Global Quants Group in Mumbai was set up in 2013 as an extension of the Firms global quants teams around the world. It is a fast growing team covering multiple asset classes and role. It provides in-depth knowledge that is behind our Investment Banking, Structuring, Sales & Trading, Research and Market Risk businesses around the globe.
This position is within the Market Risk Quantitative Research Group (MRQR). MRQR is a global team which is responsible for building the models and infrastructure used for the risk management of market risk such as of VAR and stress. The MR QR team in Mumbai will therefore plays a critical role and supports the activities od Market risk QR group globally.
This is a quantitative Analytics position within the Market Risk Core Infrastructure, Model Performance & Time Series team of MR QR group with a focus on infrastructure and model performance, The role affords the new team member opportunities to gain cross-asset experience in a wide range of business areas and its product and models, while contributing to the model development for business specific as well as bank-wide models.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Work on the implementation of the next generation of Market Risk analytics platform.
- Integration of pricing models.
- Work on the delivery for Market Risk analytics
- Model performance analysis.
- Improvement of performance and scalability of analytics algorithms.
- Automation of the models monitoring: Automated detection & identification of model issues.
Overall, the candidate will need to work closely with teams in Asia-Pacific and/or London and/or New York and will need to be proactive to improve the Market Risk analytics and strategic platform, access and learn J. P. Morgans highly sophisticated solutions.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in a group
- Graduate degree in a technical field, such as Math, CS, Physics, or Engineering.
- Expertise in C++ and/or Python, including experience with numpy, scipy and/or pandas
- Expertise in data structures, standard algorithms and OO design.
- Strong software design skills and implementation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Pricing models theory or stochastic calculus is a plus
- Development using multi-threading, GPU, MPI, grid, or other HPC technologies is a plus
Ideal candidates for these positions would be a graduate/post-graduate from a premier college or institute. A computer science or mathematics background will be most suitable.
J.P. Morgans Global Quants Group provides a challenging work environment and excellent opportunities to learn and grow both at the Quants Group and in the Firms global network.