Recruiter at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Views:2655 Applications:778 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
JP Morgan - Associate - Investment Banking - Centralised Research Group (3-5 yrs)
Associate - Investment Banking - Centralised Research Group
About J.P.Morgan :
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries.
- The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
About the Centralized Research Group :
- CRG is an integral part of JPMorgan Investment Banking business. We work on various aspects of the client marketing & deal executions.
- We also undertake focused coverage of key clients through systematic research and generate transaction ideas with client executives & industry partners. Our unique structure gives us unparalleled structural advantage across geographies and sectors; enabling us to come up with innovative solutions.
The Associate Role in M&A team :
The Associate's main responsibilities will include :
Sector Coverage :
- Build deep expertise and insight on a specific sector that can be leveraged by bankers for maintaining and initiating new client relationships and generate high quality reports that highlight emerging trends and suggest possible courses of action. Cover sector(s) and track developments regularly
Identify Opportunities :
- Track a select list of JPMorgan's priority clients and work together with the Vice-Presidents to evaluate potential deal opportunities across the entire range of solutions and services offered by JPMorgan
Pitch/ Presentation :
- Prepare marketing materials for clients including components like market and industry landscapes, financial analysis & valuations, target companies profiles & benchmarking etc. Produce client-ready output which is crisp and relevant and is accompanied with well-structured presentations
Project management :
- Comprehend projects with a high level of accuracy & displays a strong understanding of the deliverables. Engages proactively with client executives to understand client perspective and makes new suggestions regarding analysis, slides or provides a new perspective
- Maintain regular value-added contact with client bankers and staffers in the appropriate geography both proactively and in response to specific requests with a clear distinction between fact, informed opinion and uninformed opinion (hunch).
Team management :
- Reviews priorities & manages team expectations proactively; become a mentor for the juniors in the team and help them develop the right skill sets by reviewing their work; provide clear guidance to the team to maximize efficiency
Compliance : Ensure the highest international ethical standards and regulatory compliance within the team.
Essential skills/qualifications :
- Total work experience of 3-4 years post qualification preferably in research / investment banking / consulting
- MBA from top Tier school/ or professional qualification in Accountancy/Finance
- Very good awareness of Investment banking solutions and services
- Close attention to detail and ability to deliver output of a very high standard
- Strong knowledge of corporate valuation & modelling
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to deliver quality under pressure
- Hands on experience on MS Office suite products especially power point presentation skills
- Work with senior management on various CRG-wide initiatives like hiring, training, knowledge development, etc.