HR Consultant at JP Morgan
Views:3506 Applications:190 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
JP Morgan - Analyst - Global Economics Research (2-5 yrs)
- J.P. Morgan's Global Research Center in Mumbai was set up in August, 2003 as an extension of the Firm's global equity research teams around the world. Since inception GRC has grown steadily and the team of analysts has expanded to provide coverage for the key sectors globally. Besides working with JP Morgan's equity research teams, the Researchers and Analysts in GRC are now engaged with other areas of public side research including credit research, strategy, credit derivatives, indices, credit portfolio research, derivatives and quant research.
- The J.P. Morgan Global Economics team conducts research aimed at understanding macroeconomic developments as they happen and improving our forecasts of growth, inflation, labor markets, and central bank policy. Our forecasts and research reach a wide audience of decision makers inside JP Morgan and our clients around the world.
We seek a capable researcher to assist us in conducting our research and forecasting work. Specific responsibilities include:
- Writing code in statistical packages like Eviews and Python to manipulate and analyze macroeconomic data and produce charts, tables, and publications
- Preparing Excel charts, Word documents, and PowerPoint presentations for publications and meetings
- Finding, reading, and summarizing information like news articles, academic research, and data documentation
- Communicating and interacting regularly with the team in New York
- Understanding of basic macroeconomics and statistical techniques like multiple regression analysis
- Coding skills necessary to manipulate data and perform statistical analysis using tools like Eviews, Python, and VBA
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint for performing analysis, making charts, and producing documents
- Reading comprehension to gather and summarize articles and information on economic topics
- Communication skills to describe research and forecasts verbally and in writing
- Deep knowledge of macroeconomic theory and data
- Experience with advanced econometric, statistical, machine learning, and natural language processing techniques
- Familiarity with programming principles and workflow tools
- Ability to contribute to writing research publications and responding to client questions
JP Morgan's GRC provides a challenging work environment and excellent opportunities to learn and grow both at the GRC and in the Firm's global network.