HR Manager at Josh Talks
Views:1683 Applications:326 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:316
Josh Talks - Senior Manager - Finance - CA (5-10 yrs)
Senior Finance Manager
Role: Senior Manager, Finance
Reporting to: Supriya Paul, CEO
Josh is on a mission to unlock human potential by creating tools that effectively nurture each individual's potential. We started out in 2015, giving Bharat's youth access to relatable role models in regional languages through the Josh Talks platform. As the next step, we expanded to provide affordable, employability-enhancing skills through our Android application, Josh Skills. Our flagship offering, the Spoken English course, has generated strong user feedback with industry-leading course completion rates, unlocking employment opportunities for our users.
As of March'23, our content has accumulated over 2.5 billion lifetime views, averaging 180 million+ monthly views across platforms. Josh Skills has more than 5 million downloads with 300,000 paid users. To find out more information about our work, visit joshtalks.com
Awards & Recognition
Forbes India 2020: Most Powerful Self-Made Women
National Media Award 2019: President of India
Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia: Media & Marketing
In the Media:
Forbes India: http://www.forbesindia.com/article/self-made-women-2020/supriya-paul-walking-the-talk/58075/1
BusinessInsider: https://www.businessinsider.in/business/news/hasura-raises-usd-9-9-mn-funding-from-vertex-ventures-us-others/ar ticleshow/74324024.cms
Fortune India: https://www.fortuneindia.com/macro/india-inc-reacts-to-budget-2020/104067
Economic Times: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/small-biz/startups/newsbuzz/new-energy-1-5-million-pre-series-a-round-to-h elp-josh-talks-go-international/articleshow/74334163.cms
The Hindu: https://www.thehindu.com/society/skilled-for-life-with-josh-talks-and-nsdc/article30024016.ece
Economic Times: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/why-josh-talks-has-the-energy-to-be-bigger-better-than-ted-talks/articleshow/ 55936596.cms
- We are looking for an ambitious Senior Manager for our Finance team to lead all - nance and compliance operations and serve as a valuable business partner to the management team in formulating critical - nancial decisions.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead the execution of fundraises by taking complete ownership of due diligence processes, deal documentation, and associated operations.
- Serve as a business partner to management by advising them on decisions related to - nancial structuring, mergers, and acquisitions.
- Management of the organization's treasury, cash - ows, and bank operations.
- Controlling annual - financial budgets and advising on reducing undesirable variances.
- Complete ownership of all accounting, tax, compliance, and payroll processes and reconciliations.
- Lead annual audits and audit planning exercises.
- Conduct risk assessment exercises and develop internal controls to ensure the accuracy of - nancial reporting.
- Lead bank and - nancial services vendor relationships.
- Ensure accuracy and reliability of daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual - nancial management reporting.
- Take charge of the professional development of the - nance team.
- Setting up KPIs for the - nance team and leading their performance discussions.
- Managing team resourcing and hiring additional team members when required.
- Promote a culture of high performance and excellence in the - nance team.
- Identifying and implementing new technologies to improve the ef- ciency of the - nance team and processes.
- CA with over 5 years of experience in Big 4s, working in the Technology, Media, and Telecom sectors is preferred.
- An understanding of executing fundraises with foreign investors is preferred.
- Willingness to step in and execute processes as and when required.
- Experience working with complex multi-divisional organizations.
- Humility to work with people from different backgrounds and not use - nancial jargon while communicating.
- The Josh core team is composed of people who are ambitious and intend to create something that is bigger than themselves. Things that will last forever and will go on to impact and change the world. We have big dreams that are backed by our relentless pursuit to achieve them.
We actively seek teammates from diverse backgrounds and only hire extremely driven people.
The Josh core team is composed of people who are ambitious and intend to create something that is bigger than themselves. Things that will last forever and will go on to impact and change the world. We have big dreams that are backed by our relentless pursuit to achieve them. We like no-nonsense, get stuff done kind of people and keep things simple.
Josh Talks is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We also provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.