Talent Acquisition at Johnson & Johnson Pvt. Ltd
Views:1320 Applications:335 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Johnson & Johnson - General Sales Manager - IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI (9-10 yrs)
General Sales Manager
Reporting to : Regional Sales Director- West & East
Depuy Synthes- Joint Reconstruction
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
At Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, we are using our breadth, scale and experience to reimagine the way healthcare is delivered and help people live longer, healthier lives.
In a radically changing environment, we are making connections across science and technology to combine our own expertise in surgery, orthopedics, vision and interventional solutions with the big ideas of others to design and deliver physician and patient-centric products and solutions.
As pioneers in medical devices, we continually focus on elevating the standard of care- working to expand patient access, improve outcomes, reduce health system costs and drive value. We create smart, people-centered healthcare to help the patients we serve recover faster and live longer and more vibrantly.
Johnson & Johnson, DePuy Synthes is recruiting for a General Sales Manager, located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- This role is responsible for sales management in Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh. The person responsible will be managing a team of seasoned state managers and high performing individual contributors who report into the state managers.
- The person will be responsible for building relationship with customers and for developing the business in the region for the franchise, in a manner consistent with the CREDO, company policy and goals, and in line with franchise direction.
- This may involve developing new businesses, expanding into new territories, establishing new go to market models for enhanced customer coverage and establishing new dealer network.
- Develops and implements sales strategies and objectives. Has in-depth knowledge for the orthopedics market responsible, and a good understanding of other J&J products and service offerings. Has in-depth knowledge customer's needs and sharpened competitive knowledge and market trends.
- Through effective leadership, inspires, leads, directs, motivates, coaches, and develops sales team to achieve/exceed sales target. Works with all levels of customer management, developing long-term positive customer relationships to increase customer satisfaction, and build loyalty and confidence in J&J Medical as a preferred supplier.
Product Overview - DePuy Synthes- Joint Reconstruction range of products which include implants, instruments and capital equipment (robotics/ instruments) used in primary and revision Joint Replacement Surgery- Hip, Knee and shoulder
Customer Segmentation: Corporate Hospitals, Private Standalone Hospitals, Govt Medical college and Hospitals & Nursing homes / Small Hospitals.
- Business Financial Results
- Deliver the assigned Business plan for the Region - Achieve Monthy / Qtrl- y / Annual Business Plan.
- Understand customers- needs and market potential, and set direction, strategies and plans to expand market and realize market potential
- Lead senior level customer negotiations leveraging value based selling opportunities which cement long-term supply arrangements
- Analyze sales reports to proactively identify opportunities and at risk, re-prioritize resources to maximize sales opportunities
- Establish a monitoring system to ensure compliance with the sales plan on volume, price and value objectives for products
- Identify and direct action on tender opportunities through liaison and cooperation with appropriate departments
- Meet the AR / DSO target and manage account receivables as per the company policy.
- The role would also entail relevant knowledge of government protocols pertaining to tendering and thorough understanding of government initiatives such as PMJAY, GeM etc.
- In-depth understanding of orthopedics segment including current and future customers- needs and translate them into sales opportunities
- Direct the expansion of new accounts and account conversion
- Work in the field with each state supervisor and sales account manager to achieve effective coverage of customer accounts; maintain high level of customer rapport and reinforce company's commitment to superior customer services
- Analyze competitive market environment base on thorough knowledge of competitor's structure, culture, manpower, distribution, capabilities and weakness, as well as thorough knowledge of customer's support and preferences for competitive products and services
- Should have exposure in ideation, implementation and monitoring of channel management processes such as AR, Inventory, RoI and overall channel health
- Base on customers short and long term needs, competitive threats/environment, and current and future market trends, conduct SWOT analysis for the territory responsible
- Based on results of SWOT analysis, set direction, strategies and plans for the territory/region/key accounts, to achieve dept/functional goals; communicate plans and ensure they are understood by the team and related sales/marketing groups
- Develop a sales plan for each supervisor from the marketing plan; set realistic attainable sales objectives by account and product groups, and by monthly/quarterly/annual targets
- Coach supervisor/individual contributor in the development of an effective and efficient territory account coverage plan and customer call plans the development/implementation of key account strategies and plans for growth"
- Conduct regular account team reviews as a basis for challenging and improving both short and long term strategies and action plans
- Has expert knowledge of sales process and expert selling skills to make effective sales call, to teach others and to improve current selling process
- Sell in-surgery to keep up-to-date on our customer needs and market trends
- In-depth understanding of internal organization (J&J) resources, priorities and needs, relating to the business operations and achievement of sales plan
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all levels of customers to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Research and identify key customer's critical success factors as a basis for identifying innovative sales and service opportunities which will deliver improved customer business performance and healthcare outcomes
- Direct the development/implementation of strategies and plans to increase customer satisfaction, confidence and loyalty
- Design innovative customer support services/tender arrangements including E-initiatives and optimal use of company value-added services
- Set up appropriate systems, e.g., regular meetings with customers to obtain their feedback and monitor customer perceptions, and use feedback to improve performance
- Ensure compliance with the "Customer Complaints Procedure"; customer issues/ complaints are attended to promptly and professionally to customer's satisfaction
- Ensure appropriate problem solving strategies are used by sales team when dealing with product or service difficulties
Internal Business Processes
- Ensure 100% compliance in every aspect of business
- Manage internal relationships and processes enabling flexibility and responsiveness in drawing on internal specialists, accessing information and support as needed
- Optimize sales results through close alignment and cooperation with Franchise Marketing groups
- Use internal resources and own working knowledge of supply chain processes and principles of Health Economics as a basis for identifying opportunities for service innovation
- Provide relevant information to marketing and other support departments, to contribute to effective internal business processes, and to support effective decision making and actions across the organization
- Work with/involve appropriate functions when developing sales incentives programs
- Prepare and submit territory budget, including selling & marketing expenses -Seek prior approval for budget variations
- Establish territory expense and revenue budgets for supervisors and monitor to ensure compliance
- Judiciously manage operating expenses, (transportation, A&P, entertainment, travel) while ensuring sustainable productivity
- Plan instrument and expense utilization to optimize usage while remaining in budget and guidelines, including meeting regulatory requirements
- Monitor customer credit worthiness to achieve accounts receivable objectives; ensure accounts receivables are monitored and managed to achieve objectives
- Monitor inventory level to meet inventory level objectives; ensure inventory levels are adequate in major product categories in accordance with inventory objectives
- Develop/implement distribution network for assigned territory and implement automatic secondary sales (Zylem/ DMS) within the region
- SFE Implementation and Analysis and ensuring daily procedure tracking
- Create a robust and diverse team. Ensure the team consists of an appropriate mix of skills and abilities to optimize team performance
- Ensure an appropriate succession plan is in place; ensure we have adequate supply of talent to both the sales and marketing organization
- Develop strong teamwork, and cooperation in the team and with other functions through effective leadership
- Develop employees to build confidence and empowerment in dealing with customers issues; establish clearly defined boundaries for resolving issues
- Investigate and resolve issues which contribute to employee turnover
- Use effective interviewing and hiring skills (eg. Targeted Selection) to ensure high caliber recruitment
- Ensure compliance with performance management process for both self and team; conduct semi-annual performance evaluation of all supervisors; identify areas for improvement based on clearly identified needs of each supervisor
- Introduce individual development plans for each team member both as an outcome from performance reviews and for new employees
- Develop and implement training and development plans to address areas needing improvement
- Conduct monthly training /field coaching to supplement standard classroom training
- CREDO- conduct feedback and identify issues and action plans, and ensure completion of agreed upon plans
- Conduct monthly meetings with sales team to disseminate, clarify, and explain company information and review business status
- Identify specific actions to improve job performance in specific areas
- Participate in nominated training programs
- Active self-learning strategies to maintain knowledge
- Focused effort to achieve high levels of performance in knowledge tests and competency assessments related to training
- Effectively apply new learning on the job
- Communicate to sales team, their individual responsibility towards the CREDO
- Participate in company's Credo programs
- Manage business within ethics and values expressed in Credo while actively pursuing business outcome"
- Relationship with customers based on high ethical standards
- Communicate to Product Specialists and implement company policy and procedures on health and safety"
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 9-10 years of experience within orthopedics industry
- More than 4 years of people management experience
- Should have exposure in marketing and sales management
- Should have exposure of working across various geographies in India
- Premier B School MBA candidate would be preferred
The candidate would be expected to travel minimum of 15 days per month
Are you ready to impact the world?
Johnson & Johnson offers an unusual experience to professionals looking for an opportunity to work with hardworking people who share your real passion for caring in an environment that empowers you to drive your own career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Johnson & Johnson Private Limited (8080)
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well