General Manager at Jodo
Views:2598 Applications:698 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:35
Jodo - Program Manager - Founder's Office (2-6 yrs)
Jodo (www.jodo.in) is a mission-oriented early-stage fintech startup building a suite of carefully tailored financial products and delivery mechanisms to fulfill the aspirations and needs of middle-income households in urban India.
We are backed by high-quality investors to realize our mission.
- VC investors: Elevation Capital, Matrix Partners - investors in Paytm, Swiggy, Urban Company, Ola, Practo, etc.
- Angel investors: Kunal Shah (CRED), Nithin Kamath (Zerodha), Amit Ranjan (SlideShare)
Jodo is started by three co-founders, who have a pedigreed education background (IIT/IIM) and relevant professional experience in financial services (ex-Nomura, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Barclays, Edelweiss Capital).
Jodo aims to be a multi-product fintech platform to make education-related payments easy, convenient, and rewarding for all parents and students.
- Role: Program Manager/Founders' Office
- Location: Bengaluru
- Compensation: Negotiable based on candidate profile (structured as Fixed + Variable + ESOPs)
We are just getting started! This is not just an opportunity to be part of the startup journey but help shape the journey by building things from scratch. We are looking to hire a Program Manager who can own verticals and lead functional teams within the company for execution.
This is a high-impact, critical role to craft the future roadmap of the organization.
- Lead implementation of Jodo in key partner institutes
- Own the entire process of onboarding a partner institute
- Define 'custom made' offerings for the parents of a particular institute
- Single point of contact between the Jodo institute partnerships team, institute management, and Jodo inside sales team
- Account management: Be responsible for 'anything and everything in the partner institutes
- Be responsible for parent outreach in the institutes
- Strategize and execute plans for customer acquisition along with the management - events, referrals, etc.
- P&L owner of key accounts
- Take the lead in selling and implementing Jodo's full suite of financial and payment solutions in the partner institutes
- Lead the ideation, planning, and execution of these initiatives/projects while working directly with the founding team
- Own execution from strategy design and setup to pilot and eventual scale-up
- Work closely with different teams within the company (sales, marketing, strategy, and product) to execute the project
- Build and lead high-performing teams to scale these initiatives
What are we looking for?
- High sense of ownership - Personally own the targets, feel that the buck always stops with you, not averse to doing customer calls yourself if need be
- Data-driven - Heavily rely on data to analyze situations and take decisions
- High EQ - Ability to empathize as well as get the best out of the front-line sales team
- Target-oriented & passionate about sales - Always thinking targets backward, relentless about over-achieving targets
- Intellectual honesty - Seeking and presenting truth irrespective of personal beliefs
- Mission-oriented - Deeply care about delivering value and making an impact on customer's lives
- Hungry to learn and grow - Passion to learn & be a better version of oneself; motivated to succeed
- Top tier colleges (IITs, IIMs, ISB, BITS, etc.) + 2 to 6 years of experience in project management, product development, growth, new initiatives at top startups
- Track record of outperformance / over-achieving targets in previous workplaces
- Experience in leading initiatives and delivering results in a time-bound manner
- Prior experience in early-stage startups or as a founder is a huge plus
- Prior exposure to B2C or understanding of financial services is a plus
- Becoming a part of the early core team
- Competitive salary plus ESOPs
- Work with colleagues from strong backgrounds & hungry to succeed
- Opportunity to interact with and learn from high-pedigree investors & mentors