JLT Group - Manager - Business Intelligence - IT Applications Team - Insurance Sector (12-14 yrs)
Job Title : Manager - BI
Reports to : Head of Development
Department : IT Applications
Location : Mumbai or Pune
The Firm :
Jardine Matheson is an Asian multi-billion dollar conglomerate that comprises a broad portfolio of market-leading businesses, which represent a combination of cash generating activities and long-term property assets and are closely aligned to the increasingly prosperous consumers. With an employee base of over 430,000 employees, Jardine Matheson finds itself on the 169th spot in the Forbes Global 2000 list and on the 279th spot in the Fortune 500 list with presence across sectors like property, motor vehicles, retail and restaurants, engineering, construction and mining, hotels etc.
JLT Group, an associate of Jardine Matheson, owns offices in 40 territories with over 10,000 employees. Supported by the JLT International Network, we offer risk management and employee benefit solutions in 115 countries. JLT India is a wholly owned subsidiary of Jardine Lloyd Thompson group (JLT).
Teams : IT Application Development
Role Description :
Role Requirements /Primary responsibilities :
- Lead technology initiatives using advanced BI, data modelling and analytics techniques to help derive deep insights that can guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Establish intuitive reporting methodologies, perform ad-hoc market analysis as required to support strategy and analyse performance
- Integrate internal/external data using sophisticated tooling to measure / track key organisational metrics.
- Manage team of BI developers (both senior and junior), and oversee the design and delivery of analytical reports and business intelligence dashboards.
- Undertake strategic analysis and planning using analytics solutions developed using analytics and business intelligence tools.
- Establish development standards and drive adherence to best practices for entire development team.
- Manage stakeholder relationships across global primarily UK, including driving key BI initiatives for group.
- Recruitment and trainings activities through internal or external resources for the team members based on competency frameworks & project pipeline .
- Develop technical proposals and recommendations around Data strategy and BI to influence stakeholder decisions and obtain broader buy-ins
- Strong familiarity in various project methodology, especially Agile (Scrum)
Technical Skills :
- Strong understanding of various business intelligence tools such as QlikView, PowerBI, Tableau
- Proven experience around enterprise reporting, analytics, predictive modelling and integration with other BI tools
- Proven expertise in BI, data warehousing SQL and databases technologies
- Very good communication skills, ability to prepare delivery plans & reports for complicated systems.
- Very good insurance/employee benefits domain knowledge.
- Understanding of software methodologies, including Agile, processes and metrics, including tools and usage of tools to gain edge in productivity and solutions.
General Skills :
- Analytical bent of mind
- Expertise in working in global model
- Ability to influence global stakeholders
- Ability to work with technology teams
- Very good influencing skills
Preferred candidate profile :
Prior Experience :
- 12-14 years experience in Insurance sector with strong experience working with teams in implementing business intelligence solutions for organizations.
- Should have worked with stakeholders and businesses in UK.
- Should have handled large Insurance/financial services engagements.
Education/ Qualification : BE/B Tech degree with strong business intelligence and data analytics background