Jindal Steels - Litigation & General Corporate Role - LLB (5-7 yrs)
Litigation And General Corporate
Qualification : LL.B from a reputed Institute, preferably also LL.M.
Experience : Minimum 5 -7 years in Tier 1 law firms.
Key Competencies (which would also be responsibilities here) :
1. Handling civil litigation before various Courts, Tribunals and Authorities, including, Supreme Court, High Courts, National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) and its Appellate Tribunal; National Green Tribunal (NGT); Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Facilitation Council (MSME); Debt Recovery Tribunal (DRT); Arbitration Tribunal, Labour Court; Statutory Authorities.
2. Rich experience in drafting including writs, SLPs, plaints, applications, notices, replies, affidavits by way of evidence, affidavits etc.
3. Experience at handling IPR matters, IBC matters, Resolution Plans, Liquidation proceedings, including filing of applications, appeals, proceedings before NCLT/NCLAT.
4. Experience at handling shipping contracts and shipping litigation including charter party disputes.
5. Performing end to end support for execution, filing and completion of all legal formalities with respect to litigation, arbitration in consultation with external lawyers and internal team.
6. Ensure proper and timely filing / defending the matter; review and maintain appropriate documents / correspondence / evidences / records of each case and update the management of the same.
7. Appearing before/visiting Courts / Tribunals / Authorities to attend the proceedings, including outstation matters.
8. Independently briefing Counsel and Advocates-on-Record in the matters and following up the same.
9. Legal research, analysis on legal risks involved in the company's cases/issues, protect the company against legal risks and violations.
10. Drafting and reviewing of contracts, non-disclosure agreements, indemnities, letters of intent, lease deeds, sale deeds, licence agreements, settlement agreements, employee contracts, shareholders agreements etc.; review documents to determine the rights and obligations of respective parties.
11. Understanding issues from internal stakeholders, providing legal opinion and solutions within short timelines
- Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet critical deadlines is necessary.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills.
- Ability to interact with staff from multiple departments.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision or in a team.
- Analytical ability and strong attention to details.
- A critical thinker and good problem-solving ability.
- Working with a sense of integrity and utmost confidentiality.
- Awareness about changes in legal trends.
- High learning orientation.
- High understanding of various aspects of business.
- Good knowledge on the working of MS Office and MS Excel