Manager - Human Resources at Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship & Democracy
Views:466 Applications:95 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:36
Janaagraha - Manager - Urban Transport & Climate Finance (7-9 yrs)
What will Manager : Urban Transport & Climate Finance do?
- You will work closely with the Program Head as well as senior colleagues in the Advocacy & Reforms team to shape and drive reforms that help drive investments to green urban infra. To give you more clarity, some more activities are listed below:
- Deliver strongly on government & donor engagements
- Deliver on all commitments made under existing (and future) government and donor engagements;
- Engage closely with senior leaders in government and the market ecosystem to both advocate for systemic reforms in climate financing in urban sector with special focus on urban transportation and to inform Janaagraha s strategy for the same;
- Continuously strive to transform climate financing in India at scale and with speed and agility, through a whole of systems approach;
- Create an enabling ecosystem to ideate boldly and creatively, to rapidly convert ideas to action plans and to execute the same at scale and with agility;
- Manage and ensure high quality delivery of all projects undertaken;
- Manage the development and implementation of communication strategy and plan for climate financing in urban sector;
Mentor and build the team :
- Prepare program work plans, manage budgets, monitor resource allocation and manage donor compliance processes;
- Manage performance of team members, provide managerial direction, guidance and performance feedback and coaching;
- Promote learning and development and put in place a systematic talent development program/plan;
- Lead innovation and adoption of best practices in the team;
Engage with the climate financing ecosystem and build a clean urban infra financing practice at Janaagraha :
- Help deepen knowledge and analytical firepower in Indias climate financing in urban sector and identify contemporary trends and advocacy agendas
- Conceive and drive action-research projects that both help shape general discourse on urban infra financing and help project Janaagraha as a go-to organisation for clean urban infra financing policy
- Represent Janaagraha in external forums, participate in policy dialogue; discuss policy initiatives, and/or present policy papers/ideas whenever required.
- Establish and maintain relationships with government, partners, stakeholders and donors to achieve active collaboration, cooperation and alliances on project development and implementation;
- Ensure Janaagrahas active participation in relevant forums and working groups to establish effective networks and keep abreast of ongoing debates and thinking on Climate finance and urban infrastructure finance.
- Build relations and partnerships with senior government officials as well as multi-lateral, bi-lateral agencies and NGOs and participate in critical meetings and events;
We think you'll fit this role well if you have :
- 7 to 9 years of professional work experience in Climate Financing, Public Policy, Infrastructure Financing, Government and/or Management Consulting, or Economics;
- Masters degree or equivalent in business administration, finance, public finance, public administration, public policy, Economics, Planning or other directly relevant fields OR a Membership of a Professional Institute such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India ;
- A strong interest and keenness to grow in urban climate financing, urban infrastructure financing and awareness of the industry trends and best practices;
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills- verbal, written and presentation;
- Adequate experience in managing senior stakeholder relationships is preferred
- Adequate experience in leading high-performance, client service teams;
- Strong project management skills and having lead the team on few key projects with sharp focus on high-quality & timely execution.