HR Manager at ITC Infotech
Views:1768 Applications:228 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
ITC Infotech - Head - Legal & Compliance (13-16 yrs)
Role: Head, Legal & Compliance
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Essential: Law Graduate from a reputed law school/university.
Desirable: ACS/FCS (Membership of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India).
Experience: 13-16 years of experience in reputed corporates from the IT Software Services
- Drafting, review & negotiation of domestic & international agreements, especially strategic & business contracts with customers, business partners, vendors, landlords etc. such as software license, development, implementation, maintenance & procurement agreements, teaming & SI agreements, software escrow contracts, RFPs/RFQs/tender documents, OTS contracts, employment agreements, overseas deputation agreements, MOUs, NDAs etc.
- Experience in working for MEA, APAC, US & UK geographies.
- Identification of legal, regulatory and other critical risks in the business & other contracts and advising mitigation efforts to the management
- Experience in IPR work (Trademarks, Copyrights, Patents & Domain Names).
- Compliance with employment laws, Contract Labour Act, Information Technology Act, handling show cause notices and related disputes with labour authorities relating to contract employees.
- Handling litigation, arbitration, out-of-court settlements, conciliation with different parties - customers, vendors, business partners, in India (Overseas litigation/arbitration exposure is desirable).
- Identification of & liaison with competent external legal counsels/law firms, making case briefs, settling pleadings/defenses, instituting & defending suits, filing EPs etc.
- Handling criminal complaints with police & different law enforcement authorities (especially cybercrimes) and criminal cases in the criminal courts & higher courts across the country.
- Analysis of laws and providing legal opinions on different matters.
- Drafting and implementation of corporate policies, guidance notes, manuals etc., for regulatory & contractual compliance.
- Updation of laws applicable to the company and providing an update to the management.
- Excellent drafting & communication skills.
- Should be able to work manage a team
- Work with Sales team and come up with innovative approach as a business enabler
- Client Facing experience will be an added advantage
- Excellent management skills: proactive approach, multiple tasks execution, crisis management skills, a motivated team player & excellent attitude to team working, attention to detail, analytical reasoning & business-oriented approach to solve legal issues.