HR Team at iRageCapital Advisory Pvt. Ltd.
Views:5030 Applications:469 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
iRage - Quantitative Researcher (2-6 yrs)
We are looking for the Smartest Quants to outsmart others in the markets!
We at iRage are an agile, young bunch. You will get to solve some extremely challenging engineering problems and shape the future of the fast-paced Algo-Trading industry while working alongside other exceptional programmers, quants and traders.
Role Summary - Quantitative Researcher
A Quantitative Researcher will assist the trading teams in adding new aspects to existing strategies, build new trading strategies, and test/validate hypothesis made by traders. At this moment, we already have an extremely long pipeline of research ideas for existing strategies (ideas which are waiting for the right candidate to solve and should have big PnL implications).
As a Quantitative Researcher at iRage you will be involved in analysing market behaviour from both micro and macro perspective by:
- Part-time trading a vast portfolio to gain insight about strategies and market
- Developing sophisticated mathematical models to solve difficult stochastic problems
- Analysing hundreds of gigabytes of data to ascertain micro behavioural patterns (at the microsecond timeframe) to explore potential opportunities and strategies
- Building automated trading signals (in Python, R, C++ etc.) to drive decisions around strategy and its implementation.
- Building engineering solutions to manage the complexity
- Discovering and imitating the logic and thereby automating the process of setting the hundreds of parameters that traders do on a daily basis
- Optimizing current trading strategies to improve the PnL
- Advanced knowledge in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or another highly quantitative field (Bachelors, Masters, PhD degree)
- Strong knowledge of probability and statistics (time-series analysis, pattern recognition, Stochastic Calculus)
- Adept awareness of financial markets and fundamentals
- Strong logical & quantitative aptitude
- Strong educational background
- Knack of problem-solving and a high inclination for math problems
Desired Skillset (Good to have)
- 2+ years of experience in an HFT firm
- Proficiency in C++
We work hard. Period. :)
We also value the quality of life. Our cubicle free workplace and informally clad workforce reflect this. Benefits include...
- Competitive salary
- Few weeks of paid vacation
- Interaction and collaboration with global experts
- Annual out-station offsite(s) and frequent outings
- Multiple performance-based bonuses
- Health insurance
- A fun work environment with dedicated sports and recreation facilities.
- Opportunities to learn and lead: Frequent Knowledge Sharing Sessions conducted by co-workers
- Work-related and extra-curricular competitions at the office
- Gymnasium at office building: with an equal contribution by the firm towards membership