Fund Manager at Buy Side Institution
Views:2528 Applications:552 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:149
Invexa Capital - Equity Research Analyst - Pharmaceutical/Healthcare Sector (3-5 yrs)
About Invexa Capital LLP:
- Invexa Capital LLP is an India-focused boutique investment vehicle set up by seasoned Indian Investor Madhusudan Kela, with a focus on differentiated investment bets straddling across sectors, themes, and asset classes.
- We seek a passionate individual who is able to navigate the domain complexities in Chemicals / Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare, along with the challenges that come with a high performance investing set-up
- An academic degree related to above domain would be preferred, but not a deal breaker if you can otherwise prove your domain understanding
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector (corporate strategy or consulting or related backgrounds), with a strong analytical mindset, and affinity for research (oriented towards investment decision making). Relevant Buy side / Sell side research experience / Investment Banking experience will also be a good fit.
- The role will involve conducting research on listed pharmaceutical / specialty chemical / agrochemical companies, maintaining excel models, developing a compelling investment thesis on specific companies. Over time, it will possibly evolve to cover other sectors / themes also.
- Tracking of global and Indian companies in the relevant domain, primarily listed, but where needed to cover unlisted space also.
- Analysis to involve thematic / domain related research, financial analysis, understanding the competitive landscape, bottom-up research on specific companies, and getting into details of geographical / product wise / segment wise strategy.
- Ability to back your research / analysis with channel checks and relevant industry insights, where needed maintain your independent network within the industry for the same.
- Detailed investment recommendations, research reports and presentations - structure the output depending on the audience.
- Active contribution to final investment decision-making.
- Portfolio Management activity - Monitor quarterly results and periodically update investment recos for portfolio companies, attend conferences / analyst meets AGMs, industry events etc.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and developments.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in Science, MBBS, Engineering (Chemicals preferred), MBA, CA or a related field. CFA would be good to have, but not a prerequisite. Candidates having domain understanding of Chemicals / Pharma preferred
- CXO engagement capabilities / experience having worked with CXOs
- 3-5 years of experience in Equity Research / Investment Banking / Private Equity / Consulting, preferably in the Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare sector
- Advanced Excel / Financial Modelling tools
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Adept at structured communication, building presentations. Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Bloomberg / Reuters / Factset / Ace-Equity and such other databases, will be an added advantage
- Flat organization structure and direct reporting to the Partners
- Opportunity to work with one of the stalwarts of Indian Capital Markets
- Chance to make a tangible and measurable contribution to the investment decision making
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Access to industry research and resources
Apply only if you are a highly motivated individual and have directly relevant experience!
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.