Employee Engagement Partner at Invest India
Views:803 Applications:194 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:134
Invest India - AVP - Legal - LLB (8-18 yrs)
Invest India is looking to hire experienced lawyers with a strong understanding of the regulatory and legal frameworks. Individuals with a background in compliance-related work and understanding of rules, regulations interested to work with the world's leading Investment Promotion Agency.
General responsibilities will initially include:
- Review and Draft RFP/RFQ/RFE documents.
- Review, draft and negotiate national and international MOU's which Invest India will be required to sign.
- Review, draft and negotiate legal contracts including but not limited to:
- consulting engagement agreements
- confidentiality agreements
- vendor contracts
- various other types of agreements
- Work Orders
- Coordinating reviews and comments by other departments.
- Review and prepare RFP responses.
- Advising on various draft policies prepared by the internal team.
- Advising teams on internal risk management policy issues and interpretations.
- Continually developing and improving legal team processes, compliance-related processes, contract templates, best-negotiating practices, etc.
- Instruct and liaise with external counsel as required.
- Assisting with the development of policies, procedures, and controls.
- Participate in legal and other compliance-related projects.
- Research and analyze laws, regulations, and rules to assess applicability and impact on Invest India.
- Provide written summaries of legal and regulatory developments to program stakeholders, including the Legal Department, the business, and other corporate functions, and advise on such developments as needed.
- Develop subject matter expertise on products and services offered by Invest India as required.
- To provide professional legal advice, legal leadership, strategy, and risk management through knowledge experience and help develop compliance systems and processes for all Invest India operations and all areas of the business.
- To provide and set strategic direction, sound balanced legal advice on a wide range of matters.
- To advise on employment-related issues such as termination, severance, mutual separation, outsourcing arrangements, employment templates.
- To ensure that all material legal and compliance-related issues are approved in accordance with policies and guidelines.
- Review and participate in the negotiation review and approval of contracts. To pro-actively ensure compliance in all areas of laws and contractual agreements and have preventive measures in place. To ensure the legality of all significant contracts entered in particular with respect to third-party contractors, distributors, purchasing, employment, compensation, etc.
- To be actively involved in managing potential litigation and ensure that Invest India's interests are protected. To advise and assist the business partners in negotiations with third parties and to assist as appropriate in concluding settlements.
- Development and maintaining relations with relevant external agencies, organisations such as external lawyers, lawyers of key customers/competitors, governmental organisations, regulators, trade/industry associations, external bodies amongst.
- Identifying work to be outsourced, selection and management of external lawyers, their fee arrangements, and service levels. When the event requires the appointment of external lawyers, to instruct external lawyers, manage and liaise with them.
- To develop and conduct extensive training programs for non-legal functions on contractual, intellectual property, different law issues, wherever necessary.
- To assist in any other actions deemed necessary by Invest India in day-to-day functioning.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Law Degree from a recognized university in India or outside India.
- Qualified to practice as a lawyer in India.
- At least 8 years- experience post qualification in medium or large private practice (law firm) or MNC (in-house), preferably both.
- Excellent command of both spoken and written Hindi and English.
- Experience providing legal counsel on a wide variety of corporate/commercial matters.
- Experience drafting and negotiating agreements.
- Initiative and creativity in seeking solutions to problems.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
- Strong drive and commitment to deliver results.
- Strong compliance/commercial experience. Prior experience of working with Government experience will be a plus, but not necessary.
- Highest ethical standards promote ethical behavior and high professional integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to think strategically and take tough decisions.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team.