Senior Manager - Human Capital at Aavishkaar Intellecap
Views:19056 Applications:964 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:261
Intellecap - Senior Associate /Manager- Business Consulting - Microfinance Sector (6-12 yrs)
Sr Associate / Manager- Financial Services Consulting - Microfinance
Intellecap (www.intellecap.com) is a pioneer in providing innovative business solutions that help build and scale profitable and sustainable enterprises dedicated to social and environmental change. We are uniquely positioned at the intersection of social and commercial business to attract and nurture intellectual capital that combines the business training of the commercial world with the passion and commitment of the social world.
- Our clients include a broad range of enterprises, investors, development finance institutions, foundations, and private sector corporations. We work in over 20 countries around the world, with a special focus on South and South East Asia, and Sub-Saharan Africa.
WHAT DRIVES US :
- Billions around the world live at the Base of the Pyramid. We believe business has a powerful role to play in improving the quality of their lives
WHAT WE DO :
- We strive to create an environment that catalyzes business led solutions to development, through our Services (Investment banking, Consulting and Knowledge), Incubations, and Initiatives. We work across six sector including Financial Services, Agriculture and Rural Business, Clean Energy, Healthcare, Water and Sanitation and Education and Vocational Training.
- In addition, we focus on a number of key themes, namely Gender, Technology, Climate Change, Urbanization, Youth and Policy.
Intellecap's Consulting's clientele is global, and the team has delivered over 100 diverse projects across Asia and Africa. The team works with :
i. Social Enterprise models to help them achieve scale and faster integration with the mainstream through better business planning, market intelligence and process excellence
ii. Large businesses and corporations to help them engage better with the Bottom of the Pyramid markets
iii. Private foundations, multilateral and bilateral funders and investors to help them understand, strategize and design interventions for the inclusive business space
- Within Financial Services, our focus has been in areas of incubation and transformation of FS focussed entities - Microfinance, clean energy finance, MSME finance, agri finance, housing finance and fintechs. We have assisted these entities with their business strategy, operations setup, digital and business transformation, process re-engineering, distribution expansion, risk management, scorecards deployment and products design
WHAT WE LOOK FOR WHILE RECRUITING :
- Primarily we look for individuals who are passionate about making a difference to the lives of people at the Base of the Pyramid (BOP).
- We seek in our people the ability to use their business training and experience to create positive impacts at the BOP and across the Focus Sectors we work in.
Position : Senior Associate/Manager
Location : Mumbai, India
Experience/ Education :
- 4-8 years in business strategy- consulting;
- Min. 2+ years consulting experience
- Prior industry experience of working in a MFI preferred
- Master's in Business Administration from a premier B-School or graduate from a top University with very strong academic record
- Financial services - MFI sector experience.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills both quantitative and qualitative
- Exposure to business plan creation and building a business model would be desirable
- Ability to synthesize information and assist in creating insightful recommendations for clients
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding teamwork and commitment
- Prior exposure to domains in which Intellecap works is desirable
Job responsibilities :
- Manage delivery of projects in the FS sector in line with client expectations and company standards
- Build solutions relevant to the Financial Services sector and help take them to market
- Straddle multiple day to day roles that include project delivery, client relationship management, team building and mentorship, and business development;
- Be part of the team that contributes towards developing the domestic and global strategy for the consulting practice at Intellecap
- Undertake relevant national and international field travel and exposure as and when required.
- Analyse data and assist in the structure and plan for project requirements
- Manage delivery of work streams within a project in line with client expectations and company standards
- Support business development and other internal initiative
- Contribute to institutionalizing knowledge gained through projects