Director at Global Headhunters
Views:2250 Applications:535 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Institutional Equity Research Associate - Financial Services Firm - CA/CFA (0-2 yrs)
Company: Institutional Broking arm of a leading integrated Financial Services firm
JOB DESCRIPTION - EQUITY RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
- The Equity Research Associate is responsible for research, client support, data collection, statistical studies on the industries and individual companies and their securities.
- Through training and on the job experience, the Research Associate learns the techniques and develops the skills necessary to research and analyze
investment securities and to prepare and present investment recommendations.
1. Search, collect, consolidate and interpret company and industry data.
2. Develop and maintain financial models, market monitoring systems, and databases.
3. Prepare portions or more of research reports, notes and briefs.
4. Communicate and handle information requests.
5. Meet with management teams of issuers, conduct onsite visits, and attend industry conferences.
6. Provide administrative support as required.
7. Other responsibilities as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
1. Excellent analytical skills and understanding of relevant financial and accounting techniques.
2. Ability to express ideas effectively and fluently. Comfortable with client interaction. Ability to write clearly, concisely with speed and precision. Fast learner.
3. Ability to work effectively with minimal direction under tight deadlines and multiple priorities, while maintaining a keen attention to detail.
4. Knowledge of spreadsheets, presentation software and the Internet. Strong proficiency in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and software applications. Bloomberg experience considered an asset.
5. CA completed. CFA Level 1 completed. CFA designation preferred.
6. Flexibility to work long hours.
7. Self motivated, organized, strong attention to detail, and willing to work within a flexible schedule.