HR at InsideView, Inc
Views:1995 Applications:60 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
InsideView - Product Manager - Data Science (5-10 yrs)
As the Product Manager, Data Science, you will be charged with defining the 6 to 12-month product strategy, writing new release requirements (monthly releases), and also accountable for sprint level day-to-day execution. The Product Manager will be managing scrum teams with deep domain experience in NLP, Text Analytics, Machine Learning, and Big Data Processing. The successful candidate will be passionate about data and ML, a cross-functional operator (consensus builder), and able to extrapolate on product ideas through continuous customer interviews and engagements. Additionally, the Product Manager will continuously challenge mediocrity and be a hands-on operator to deliver customer value with a sense of urgency.
Product Strategy: Translating three to five year corporate and data platform vision into six to twelve-month product roadmaps for monthly and quarterly execution by engineering scrum teams. To bring depth on key subject areas related to big data concepts to gain credibility and influence product execution.
Product Execution: Working with data engineering, content teams, and cross-functional PM's (infra and apps) to articulate and prioritize release plans into the development lifecycle from concept to generally available product. Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints across engineering, and infrastructure teams. Ensures deliverables across engineering teams are high quality and clearly documented.
Customer Engagement: Working closely with Professional Services teams to deliver on key strategic projects to test and validate hypothesis regarding potentially new data features. Act as the data science subject matter expert and advisor through weekly and monthly customer meetings. Listen and develop new data products based on dissecting customer pain points balanced with distinct market opportunity.
Required Experience and Skills:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or relevant Big Data work experience
- 5+ years- experience working in highly motivated / high performing product management teams with emphasis on SaaS, big data processing, and ML techniques
- Well-versed in statistics and algorithms. You don- t need to be an expert but should be able to pick up new concepts quickly
- Demonstrated expertise in driving data projects across many cross functional scrum teams to deliver high impact product features.
- Exceptional communication skills to drive conversations and GTM strategy with early adopters of the product.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to present and defend your ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Customer-minded with a high quality standard for the product to be delivered
- In tune, highly interested, but not necessarily an expert with emerging trends in AI ranging from text analytics, information extraction, ML, deep learning, etc...
Core Product Management Skills:
- Demonstrated skills in writing concise and clear definitions (user stories) of prioritized features for the technical teams to implement. Strong attention to detail.
- Conducts daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint to ensure data-driven learning cycles
- Strong organizational skills with proven experience managing multiple projects to successful completion
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.