HR - Recruitment at NewAge Products Inc.
Views:642 Applications:167 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:57
Inhouse Lawyer/Legal Manager - eCommerce/Manufacturing (10-16 yrs)
Inhouse Lawyer / Legal Manager - Ecommerce Manufacture (10 to 15 yrs)
- Advise on all India legal matters affecting our Mumbai office, including in the areas of employment/labour law and corporate law.
- With respect to employment law, to advise on all best practices/legal requirements affecting compant as an employer in Mumbai. To work closely with HR team in handling all employment matters.
- With respect to corporate law, to provide advice on all India corporate matters affecting our private limited company including contract review of India contracts and to carry out all corporate governance obligations.
- To act as backup for international contract advice to legal head office in Canada and to provide advice on certain international contracts including manufacturing agreements and service agreements.
- To develop and maintain an international tariff monitoring program affecting companies key product lines and to provide advice on customs/tariff related issues affecting companies business.
- To help provide patent monitoring of Companies patent (USA/China) portfolio to help identify instances of infringement of Companies products. To also help monitor the patent landscape to provide competitive advantages for our product development team (for example monitoring the expiration of competitor's patents).
Experience & Knowledge Required:
- At least 10 years of experience in a lawyer role with at least 5 years practicing as in-house lawyer for a multi-national company.
- At least 5 years of experience in advising companies on India employment and corporate laws.
- At least 10 years of experience in advising companies on international contracts.
- At least 5 years of experience in advising companies on international customs/tariff issues
- Experience with patent law is preferred.
- Law degree from an accredited law school.
- A lawyer in good standing qualified to practice law in Mumbai, India.
- Additional legal designations such as LLM (masters of law degree) are preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Office suite skills.
- Ability to maintain execution of tasks in project focused times, strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter able to work independently and effectively report to foreign head office.