Info Edge - Associate - Corporate Development (4-8 yrs)
About Info Edge:
Info Edge, the first "dotcom" company to list on Indian stock exchanges with a current market-cap of~$7.5 billion, stands for strong consumer internet franchisees in India. It owns naukri.com (India's largest online recruitment portal), 99acres.com (India's largest property marketplace), jeevansathi.com (among the top three players in India's online matrimonial space) and shiksha.com (smartest gateway for students to achieve their goals).
Corporate Development Associate Role:
This role is with the Corporate Development team of Info Edge which looks after strategic investments and M&A at Info Edge. The team works closely with all internal business units and investee companies on identifying new organic and inorganic growth opportunities. Please note this role is NOT with the Info
Edge Ventures team which is the VC arm of Info Edge.
As an Associate, the position offers a great opportunity to work with senior management of Info Edge and founders of investee companies, as well as an opportunity to interact with the founders and employees of startups on a daily basis.
- Keeping a close tab on investee companies and their competition, and working with them on their growth and profitability strategy.
- Keeping a close tab on areas of strategic interest for Info Edge and identifying new investment and acquisition opportunities in those areas
- Identifying and discussing emerging trends with internal businesses and helping them form a view on their future strategy in their respective spaces.
- Performing market research and due diligence on companies / start-ups by using their products / services with the help of internal business teams.
- Preparing business presentations, research reports and internal / external investment thesis.
- Closely tracking the competitive landscape by speaking with customers, competitors, etc. and publishing periodic reports on them.
- Working on key strategic initiatives with internal business teams.
- MBA from a tier-1 college
- 1-4 years total experience (0-2 years before MBA and 1-3 years after MBA)
- Experience in corporate development, strategy and consulting preferred.
Required skills and competencies:
- Strong research capabilities, thorough analytical abilities, business acumen and good innate judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication
- A high standard of integrity and ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a small team or autonomously with little oversight.