Info Edge - Analyst - Corporate Development (1-3 yrs)
About Info Edge
Info Edge, the first "dotcom" company to list on Indian stock exchanges with a current market-cap of USD- 8 billion, stands for strong consumer internet franchisees in India. It owns naukri.com (India's largest online recruitment portal), 99acres.com (India's largest property marketplace), jeevansathi.com (among the top three players in India's online matrimonial space) and shiksha.com (smartest gateway for students to achieve their goals).
As one of the pioneers of internet entrepreneurship in India, Info Edge continues to leverage its expertise in operating internet businesses, to make financial and strategic investments in startups addressing consumer needs in the rapidly growing Indian internet market. Some of the marquee consumer internet names that Info Edge has backed over the years include Zomato (India's largest restaurant discovery and food delivery platform) and Policybazaar (India's largest online insurance marketplace).
With one of the world's largest internet user base, India presents an extremely large internet market opportunity and Info Edge's vision is to be at the helm of this opportunity to create massive value for the Indian consumers. We believe that strong understanding of Indian consumer, deeply instilled spirit of entrepreneurship and two-decades long experience of building enduring internet businesses will enable Info Edge to realize this vision by increasing its market leadership in the spaces that it operates in and investing in new spaces to tap into the growing internet market in India.
Corporate Development Analyst Role :
- This role is with the Corporate Development team of Info Edge which works closely with all internal BUs on key strategic initiatives and is responsible for all M&As and strategic investments done by Info Edge.
- Please note this role is NOT with the Info Edge Ventures team which is a separate VC fund.
- As an Analyst, the position offers a great opportunity to work with senior management on key strategic initiatives and a chance to interact and learn from the growing startup community.
Major Responsibilities :
- Conducting research on various industries / sub-industries in India and Abroad in spaces strategic to Info Edge. This would include researching on international peers, competition, spaces, etc.
- Identifying and discussing emerging trends with internal businesses and helping them form a view on their future strategy in their respective spaces
- Identifying and meeting startups in strategic spaces - attending conferences, startup events, tradeshows and researching relevant databases - to explore potential opportunities for investment, acquisition or partnerships
- Performing market research and due diligence on start-ups by using their products / services and evaluating them with the help of internal business teams.
Preferred candidates :
- Engineering or Commerce graduate from a tier-1 college. MBA optional.
- 1-2 year experience preferably in a consulting or research firm.
Required Skills / Competencies :
- Strong research capabilities, thorough analytical abilities, business acumen and good innate judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a small team or autonomously with little oversight
- Must be a self-starter capable of working in a fast-paced and open environment with limited direction
- Familiarity with the start-up ecosystem and/or the journey of an entrepreneur
- Ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions/recommendations
- Great relationship management skills - networking, influencing, collaborating - and a proven ability to build trust with entrepreneurs and other organizational partner
- A high standard of integrity and ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.