Senior Consultant at ABC Consultants
Views:294 Applications:94 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Industrial Relations Role - Human Resource Team (16-23 yrs)
Job Brief :
We are currently hiring an Industrial Relations Lead to join our Human Resources team and be responsible for facilitating relationships with employees and unions with the aim of building a positive and engaged work environment.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Formulate and deploy the medium- and long-term IR strategy for the organization
- Maintain Harmonious Employee Relation & ensuring that the Company's treatment of employees is consistent with its core business values and objectives.
- Represent the management before the conciliation and other authorities including contract negotiations, meetings, and negotiations with employee and labor organizations
- Foster strong links with external networks and share best practice in the field of Industrial Relations
- Monitor the external environment around collectivism, activism, labour law changes, high impact relevant case laws and judgments, including any media headlines on peer companies around collectivism or labour law compliances or best practice in these areas and share periodic updates with management
- Monitor the employee relations environment and culture, advice the business heads on employee-related issues.
- Investigate and resolve complex or critical industrial relations issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Proactively manage situations on the ground and advise/consulting to Business and HR on potential issues which may lead to collectivism or noise on social media and help them navigate through solutions balancing the business needs and company purpose.
- Collate and analyze employee feedback across all levels on a regular basis and revising people programs and policies to generate more positive outcomes.
- Researches and explains laws and legal affairs concerning employment to managers, supervisors, and employees.
- Develop and deliver training on industrial relations and employment-related topics
- Advise and train managers and supervisors in best employee relations practices and strategies for managing supervisor problems and employee grievances. Develops further training as needed.
- Ensure compliance to statutory and company requirements with special focus on
- Designing and Program managing Redressal Committee and facilitating counseling in conjunction with other stakeholders.
- Standing order from drafting to certification
- Designing, Program Managing and conducting Domestic Enquiry for misconduct, abseentism etc.
- Managing Over time
- Work force Actions -performance separations and retrenchments on account of ramp down
- Program manage apprentice ship
- Participate in and/or leading projects focused on continuous improvement.
Key Requirements :
- Should have degree/post-graduation in HRM/Employee relations preferably from TISS /XLRI and 12-15 years of post-qualification industrial experience in Retail/ manufacturing/services environment, preferably in an MNC.
- Should have experience in Unionized work environment and have demonstrated experience in dealing with Unions, work/wage settlements both at internal and at the statutory conciliation levels,
- Should have strong knowledge in statutory compliances and labor related laws.
- Strong problem solving, negotiation & influencing skills
- Travel PAN India ( need basis )