India Health Action Trust - State Specialist - Nutrition System Strengthening (3-8 yrs)
India Health Action Trust (IHAT) aims at improving public health initiatives by supporting programs nationally and globally through providing comprehensive technical assistance in program planning, management and monitoring. Pursuant to the Memorandum of Cooperation between the GoUP and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, IHAT set up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) in 2013 to provide techno-managerial support to the Government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP) to improve utilization, coverage and quality of key reproductive, maternal, new-born, child health and nutrition (RMNCHN) interventions and services in the state. The TSU has been set up from the funding support of Bill & Melinda Gate Foundation (BMGF) through the University of Manitoba (UOM), Canada.
The Uttar Pradesh Technical Support Unit (UPTSU) provides integrated Technical Assistance (TA) to the government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP), which focuses on accelerating progress in reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health, and nutrition (RMNCHN). UPTSU works closely with the GoUP at the state, district and local levels to optimize RMNCHN programs and services. The technical assistance provided by UPTSU is integrated within the GoUP's health system response for scale-up and sustainability. UPTSU focuses on interventions to improve outcomes in Family Planning, Maternal and New-born Health, and Nutrition, along with Routine Immunization, Digital Health, and other initiatives.
Reporting to: Deputy Director-Nutrition
Travel Requirements: As per program requirement
The State Specialist-Nutrition Systems Strengthening will be expected to understand the functioning of the Department of Child Development including ICDS and the State Nutrition Mission (SNM); possess the requisite knowledge base and skillsets to be able to support ICDS systems strengthening initiatives of IHAT UPTSU. S/he should be able to identify needs and gaps and provide sound and timely technical assistance to the ICDS department on IT-enabled systems, data management systems and procurement processes. The position will be a key link between the TSU and ICDS for these purposes. The individual will need to facilitate effective communication between the Nutrition Project team and the ICDS.
Key Deliverables expected from the Job Role:
- Strategies and action plan/s to address the needs of the department /State Nutrition Mission
- ICDS/Poshan Abhiyaan program data management and analysis
- Enhanced capacities of ICDS/SNM officers for use of IT-based systems/portals, apps. Undertake need-based troubleshooting.
- Collaborative work with Systems team of IHAT UPTSU to drive system strengthening initiatives in ICDS and SNM.
- Collaborative efforts with nutrition development partners working closely with the ICDS Directorate.
- High-quality, data-based presentations to support capacity building and evidence-based decision-making in the ICDS Directorate.
- Concept notes/reports/strategy documents/ proposals/updates for organizational use and advocacy with GOUP.
Key Inputs expected from the Job Role:
- Identify needs and gaps in the implementation of ICDS programs/Poshan Abhiyaan in the short and long term.
- Develop strategies and action plans to address systemic gaps and needs.
- Handhold the Government Officers for use of IT-based systems/portals, apps. Undertake need-based troubleshooting.
- Support program data management and analytics.
- Provide need-based support for procurement or HR-related initiatives of ICDS/SNM
- Liaise with the Systems team of IHAT UPTSU to drive system strengthening initiatives in ICDS and SNM.
- Liaise with nutrition development partners working closely with the ICDS Directorate.
- Any other work is given by the line manager or organization from time to time.
- Additional tasks as may be added to the Job Description from time to time for the role.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in program management;
- Experience in Government (Central / State) systems strengthening.
- Experience of working with ICDS;
- Management Consultant with Public Health experience;
- Experience in documentation and reporting in English and Hindi.
Required Qualification: MBA or equivalent qualification.
Preferred Qualification: Candidates from a tier I/II institute may be preferred.
- Senior govt. official liaisoning
- Collaboration for Success
- Innovation & Creative Thinking
- Understanding of GoUP procedural eco-system
- Techincal proposal/report writing
- Advanced MS Excel for data analysis
- Knowledge of Nutrition/ICDS policies in India/UP
- Basics of Supply Chain Management
- Basics of Human Resource Management
How To Apply:
Interested candidates please apply by COB 09 September, 2021 using the online IHAT Application by clicking https://www.ihat.in/vacancies/state-specialist-nutrition-system-strengthening/ or visit IHAT Vacancy page at www.ihat.in. Only complete online applications will be considered.
IHAT provides a safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women applicants. Physically challenged with required skills /knowledge and willing to travel are also encouraged to apply.
We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency and suitability. Shortlisting for the posts will take place soon after the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Unfortunately, we are able to contact only those applicants who have been shortlisted for the interview. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please assume that the current IHAT positions are unable to accommodate you at the moment. It is also not possible for us to provide you with specific feedback because of the volume of applications we receive.
IHAT does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.