In-house Litigation Lawyer - Manufacturing Firm (7-12 yrs)
In-house - Litigation - Mumbai
A reputed and leading Manufacturing Company is looking to hire 7+ years of Litigation Lawyer for their Mumbai office.
Job Profile :
- Handling court matters related to Criminal Law, cheque dishonour, dealing with authorities DRI, ED, Police Station etc.
- Conducting Due diligence of the documents, raising requisitions to the concerned Business Teams and collating all the required information, drafting of Notices under provisions of various Acts, pleadings to be filed in various Courts.
- Briefing Advocates & Solicitors and Counsel, assisting Advocates & Solicitors and Counsel.
- Attending hearings at Causi Judicial Officers, Trial Court as well as High Court, and appearing and arguing the matters before them, reporting the Business Team post-hearing of the matter, and preparing Dashboard summary of the Pending Litigations, Status update and the way forward.
- Drafting letters/ applications to be made to various authorities, as well as drafting replies to be given to various authorities in response to the legal notices, affidavit-in Replies against the pleadings filed by the other side, may it be private entities or various authorities, before Trial Court and High Courts.
- Drafting of Appeals, First Appeals for challenging the order passed by Trail Courts, deciphering the information/ liability of the company from the order passed by the Trail Courts and preparing the Dashboard summary on the same.
- Issue of Notice, filing of suit under Section 138 of Negotiable Instrument Act,1881. Appointment of advocates and briefing them. Attending Court proceedings and matters related thereto. Obtaining summons and ensuring effective service. Obtaining bailable/ non bailable warrants and arranging for its execution against the accused.
- Filing of Summary suit under Order XXXVII, Rule 2 of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908. Serving of legal demand notice, preparation & filing of plaint for recovery of outstanding payment. Interacting with solicitors to get the summons issued and served upon the Defendants. Follow up with Advocate(s)
- Advise the Company on various issues including statutes, government regulations and contractual obligations.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.