Independent Legal Recruiter at Avimukta
Views:2990 Applications:476 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:251
In-House Corporate Lawyer (1-5 yrs)
Our client, a well reputed digital newspaper brand is looking to hire a legal counsel.
They are looking for a highly qualified in-house Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business. This person will safeguard the reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
1. PQE of 1- 3 years in litigation and advisory roles. a. IT/media/tech industry; OR
b. The general corporate team of law firm.
2. Graduate from a top-tier NLU or other similar situated institution of a 5 year law degree program.
3. Candidate must have full working proficiency in English and Hindi.
1. Litigation management and advising company on all matters related to legal notices, filing of suits, etc.
2. Handling national and international trademark profiles of the group and advising on matters related to copyright, trademark infringement, passing off, etc.
3. Handling the daily grievance redressal mechanism related to user complaints. Fluency in reading and writing Hindi is essential for carrying out this function.
4. Advise on matters related to tech and privacy laws;
5. Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization.
6. Working with internal stakeholders, external policy teams from time to time.
7.Coordinate with HR, Senior Executive Team and outside Counsel pertinent to enforce company's procedures and policies.
Specific skills required:
A. For candidates from in-house backgrounds, it is mandatory that the candidate has experience in advising on matters related to media law, technology law, IPR.
B. For candidates from law firm backgrounds, experience in information technology act, media law will be an optional and not mandatory criteria