Assistant Manager - HR at Impact Guru
Views:164211 Applications:911 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:353
Impact Guru - Content PR & Communications Associate (2-5 yrs)
Impact Guru is a Harvard incubated fintech company - an online fundraising or crowdfunding platform that enables individuals and corporates to give to social causes in India. We were incubated at Harvard Innovation Lab Venture Initiation Program, USA and PACT Social Enterprise Incubator at Impact Hub (Singapore) and have offices in Mumbai, New Delhi, and Singapore. Our platform was inaugurated by Mrs. Maneka Gandhi, Minister of Women and Child Development, India in 2015. We have already partnered with Tata, CNBC TV18, Harvard Club of Mumbai, Dalberg, Asha Impact, Godrej Group, Wockhardt Foundation, Oxfam, SOS Children's Village, Habitat for Humanity and many more reputed organizations in a short span of time.
You can see how we helps the social sector through crowdfunding via a 2 minute video that can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch- v=M0Rom8RLNG8 . We were recently featured on CNBC Young Turks - https://www.impactguru.com/cnbc
Media Mentions : Harvard Business Review, CNBC TV18 Young Turks, NDTV, The Hindu, YourStory, SocialStory, LiveMint, HuffingtonPost, ScoopWhoop.
The Team: Impact Guru is led by an experienced management team with strong private, public, and social sector experience led by Wharton and Harvard alumni. The Impact Guru team is also mentored on various topics by global experts, including VC funded entrepreneurs, Managing Directors at J.P.Morgan and BCG, and experts in crowdfunding from the World Bank, and leading philanthropists in India.
The Culture :
We are a vibrant young team located in the heart of Mumbai. Everyday work is fun, casual, and relaxed. Above all, we are passionate about creating a habit of giving back among Indians at the same time help social organizations scale their initiatives. We celebrate and seek out diversity of opinion in our team, we're open to bold and disruptive ideas, and acknowledge and appreciate each other. We always strive for excellence and for the best solution, which is ultimately determined by the customers- needs. We believe in our product and we use it ourselves.
Job Description :
We want to hire smart people, not to tell them what to do; but so that they can tell us what to do. We need a content, PR, and communications champion. You have exceptional talent and proven track record for idea generation, creating thoughtful content, image/buzz-building, and public relations (ideally in social sector).
If you are interested to be part of a dynamic social startup that works towards serving the common good and will not just change India for the better but also make - giving back- more inclusive and fun, then Impact Guru is the right place for you. We are looking for a Content, PR, and Communications Associate who is passionate about social impact - someone who is full of ideas around how Impact Guru can communicate stories of change to the world. The role is based out of our office in Mumbai.
Job Responsibilities :
- Work with the Digital Marketing team to create content strategy for our platform, social media and blogs.
- Write long and short-form articles for campaign/fundraising partnerships
- Assist nonprofit partners with campaign creation, video and content.
- Assist with content for social media posts and sponsored stories and manage all our social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
Website Content :
- Responsible for creating and maintaining website copy for all pages of the website. Further, ensure the copy and messaging on our website is uniform and adheres to our brand guidelines
- Content Marketing & Optimization - Understand metatags, page description, key words. social media sharing features - titles, descriptions and images.
Email Newsletters :
- Create newsletters and relevant content to engage our community of donors, users and subscribers with clear call to action.
- Write content for action oriented emails
Press /Media Relationships :
- Create a communication strategy for Impact Guru
- Draft stories and press releases to issue to the press and media agencies, consumer brands, tech platforms and other outlets
- Forge and maintaining strong media relations with mainstream and print publications, broadcast channels and online media, TV channels, radio, etc.
- End-to-end management of relationships with PR agencies
- Collaborate with Marketing team to execute offline and online events as needed
- 2+ years in copy-writing experience in Advertising / Community Building / Branding / Digital Agency (social sector experience a plus)
- Some full time work experience in-house with a PR firm or consumer brand managing media relations (strongly preferred)
- A degree in mass media, journalism or marketing
- Key media relationships across mediums - online, print, TV
- Excellent understanding of news flow and organizational structure in Media houses
- Proven track record in securing press in various mediums
- Hands on experience in end-to-end execution of a major communication campaign for a brand.
- Talent for idea generation, thoughtful brand communication, brand building, and image/buzz-building
- Ability to generate and analyse regular media trends and recommend strategies for improved exposure
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Hindi
- Excellent creative writing capabilities (Please share your past work / blog link). Being a blogger is a huge plus!
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in teams
- Sincere passion to change the world
Job Perks :
- Competitive compensation + equity
- Long hours, lots of learning
- Extremely flat hierarchy, no bureaucracy
- Meritocracy-driven, candid culture
- Fun, casual, relaxed and flexible work environment
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.