Assistant Manager - HR at Impact Guru
Views:2768 Applications:75 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Impact Guru - Assistant Vice President - Business Development (4-10 yrs)
We want to hire smart people, not to tell them what to do; but so that they can tell us what to do. We need a Business Development - Nonprofits champion. You have proven track record of helping nonprofits scale programs, fundraising through creative methods - online and offline, and a large network of existing relationships with nonprofits across India. If you are interested to be part of a dynamic social startup that works towards serving the common good and will not just change India for the better but also make - giving back- more inclusive and fun, then Impact Guru is the right place for you. The role is based out of our office in South Mumbai (Opera House).
Nonprofit Sales and Relationship Management:
- Lead Indian nonprofit acquisition and partnership program to scale number of nonprofits using our crowdfunding platform for their fundraising
- Identify new products and services that are required by nonprofits which Impact Guru should add to its product roadmap
- Handle external and internal communications and facilitate legal agreements with partners as needed
- Conduct thorough due diligence on nonprofits to make sure they are compliant with existing laws and have strong track record (eg. 80G, FCRA, financial reports, interviews, etc.)
Programs and Content:
- Identify which programs are best suited for crowdfunding for a particular nonprofit and help nonprofit to provide precise summary of activities, impact, amount of money required
- Create and manage Impact Guru Foundation (nonprofit) own programs for personal cause campaigns (medical, education, etc.)
- Assist nonprofits on how to create crowdfunding campaigns on our technology platform
- Help nonprofits identify influential campaign creators or to create campaigns themselves
- Work closely with digital marketing and content team to make sure each fundraising campaigns is a big success!
- Develop fundraising strategy for each campaign (from online and offline donors) and ensure that nonprofits support Impact Guru's marketing efforts through their own initiatives and actions
- Ensuring that all donors are sent feedback reports on timely basis and that nonprofits provide high-quality feedback reports
Campaigns: Develop pipeline of campaigns that have large-scale impact and work with nonprofits to execute those
Partnerships: Create partnerships with other Indian and intl. social sector participants
- Organize events/conferences/seminars/etc. to promote nonprofit fundraising
- Write focused research reports on philanthropy, social impact etc.
- Collaborate with other social sector participants on publishing primary and secondary research
- 2 to 5 years in Social Sector at a well-known nonprofit with prior experience in both of these roles Head of Programs / Head of Fundraising (digital experience a plus)
- Prior sales / business development experience interacting with other nonprofits (a huge plus)
- Experience working with Indian and intl. grant making organizations such as Gates Foundation, Dasra, Tata Trusts, Samhita, etc.
- MBA or Bachelors degree from a reputed college (MBA / Social Sector related degree a plus)
- Strong network of existing relationships with nonprofits
- Strong network of existing nonprofit donors (a huge plus)
- Deep understanding of Indian donor mindset - individual, HNWI, or corporate
- Client servicing skills and excellence in using PowerPoint
- Act as a consultant to players in both corporate and social sectors & ability to pitch products that fit their growth plan
- Aggressive and focused approach to sourcing, meeting and closing deals
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Hindi
- Excellent people skills - comfort in speaking to people of all backgrounds, ability to speak logically, be direct and inspire
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in teams
- Sincere passion to change the world
- Competitive compensation + equity
- Long hours, lots of learning
- Extremely flat hierarchy, no bureaucracy
- Meritocracy-driven, candid culture
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.