IFMR - Senior Manager/Fellow Lead - Research - Krea University (5-8 yrs)
Senior Research Manager/Fellow, LEAD at Krea University
We are actively seeking a self-driven Senior Research Manager/Fellow to lead and oversee the Financial Wellbeing and Social Protection function at LEAD. He/She will steer the research staff and work in close collaboration with the team to identify new avenues for research and address policy-relevant questions.
- Execute the objectives and strategic plan of the Financial Inclusion portfolio and agenda through operational and project management support;
- Provide leadership direction to the staff in the research team and oversee subordinate staff with program responsibility;
- Focus on initiatives that aim to strengthen financial service providers' capacity and social performance management practices;
- Provide technical inputs to research staff on policy-relevant research questions and identify knowledge gaps in the research work carried out under this theme;
- Manage advocacy work, including project design, implementation, relationship building and partnership management;
- Work in close collaboration with the team to discuss new research ideas, and recent and relevant sector trends and brainstorm on possible ways to expand the financial inclusion agenda of LEAD;
- Diligently motivate teams and implement activities such as events, training programs, and research by working collaboratively with local stakeholders to achieve mutual goals;
- Liaise with policymakers, regulators and academia to identify knowledge gaps and expand the research agenda of the financial inclusion team at LEAD;
- Contribute to policy briefs, blog posts and other publications as required.
- Master's degree or higher in economics, development studies, rural management, finance, or related fields;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the subject of financial inclusion;
- Advanced understanding of social science research methods, research project management, design and processes;
- Proven analytical skills, precisely skills working with quantitative data using econometric methods;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to manage multi-tasking and propose solutions on time with nominal supervision;
- Capacity to maintain an organized and structured work style in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing environments and work with multiple stakeholders;
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to interact with a wide range of individuals from research associates and research managers, etc. to academics, donors, research institutions, etc;
- Knowledge of STATA, R, SAS, or related programming languages is required;
- Strong interest in public policy and economic development in low-income countries.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.