Senior HR Business Partner at World Bank
Views:1339 Applications:349 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
IFC - Investment Officer - Manufacturing/Agribusiness & Services (8-11 yrs)
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities where they are needed most. Visit www.ifc.org
The Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services (MAS) is one of IFC's key industry groups responsible for a significant portion of IFC's business volume, profitability and development reach. MAS engages in a wide range of sub-sectors including Agribusiness, Forestry, Manufacturing, Chemicals, Healthcare, Property, Retail, and other areas, with both investment and advisory services delivered globally to IFC's clients through its global network.
MAS's South Asia team is based across the region with the hub in New Delhi and offices in Mumbai, Dhaka and Colombo. The team members work on new business development, deal processing and portfolio management across the region. With a diverse network of markets, the pipeline of new transactions ranges from debt transactions, equity investments and structured finance products.
The MAS team is seeking a qualified and experienced Investment Officer to support the South Asia region and will be based in New Delhi, India.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Collaborate in developing client strategies and engagement plans and pitch-books for various sectors and countries, including IDA and FCS countries, and conduct sector analysis to be used as input to sector strategies.
- Research untapped markets to identify constraints to private sector investment as input to upstream market creation decisions or Country Private Sector Diagnostics.
- Establish and maintain relationships with mid-level clients and other stakeholders (government, development partners, WBG) to explore straightforward business opportunities.
- Analyze operational and financial performance as well as credit and integrity risks of potential clients and projects. Present recommendations to the business development team on whether to pursue a straightforward deal and alternatives for structuring it.
- Collect financial and operational information from clients, research pricing information, research policies, and procedures.
- Build complex financial models, perform due diligence and financial analysis, and/or provide quality control over financial analysis and projections developed by an analyst to evaluate benefits and risks of straightforward transactions.
- Ensure adequate and systematic capture of project, sector, and country bench-marking information to capture lessons learned and support decision making in future transactions.
- Assess and articulate development impact and IFC's role and additionality in straightforward transactions.
- Engage with the IFC economics team to begin developing AIMM story, including any market creation impact.
- Prepare content to convey persuasive and convincing ideas following investment banking quality standards, financial models reflecting different transaction structures, and valuation of companies.
- Structure straightforward transactions to add value to clients and mitigate risks, taking into consideration lessons learned from earlier transactions and portfolio management.
- Lead straightforward investment or advisory transactions Incorporating lessons learned from IFC's earlier investments and portfolio management or advisory mandates. Ensure timely processing, thorough due diligence, and client satisfaction.
- Prepare investment committee or advisory committee materials for straightforward transactions, ensuring adequate applicability of IFC's policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders (legal, ES&G, economists, and sector specialists) to identify ways to strengthen development impact and financial sustainability of projects.
- Hold accountability for the preparation and quality of investment or PPP advisory committee materials focusing on financial and non-financial risks assessments and deal structuring for straightforward transactions.
- Monitor macroeconomic indicators of sector and country market conditions as well as social and political information that are relevant to assigned portfolio.
- Perform credit and risk assessments, financial projections, covenant compliance reviews (debt), and monitor changes to risk flags for determining performance assigned to a portfolio, with limited supervision.
- Perform assessment of project development impact and articulate realization of AIMM story and market creation impact, if any.
- Responsible for doing rating reviews of loan loss reserve on a quarterly basis for the overall assigned portfolio. Run models for equity valuations to determine the need to modify exit strategy.
- Prepare quarterly portfolio reports that include analysis of trends over time, key issues, and areas of potential concern.
- Prepare brief documents summarizing post mortem insights from portfolio reviews and reporting to identify improvement opportunities and best practices.
- Supervise and ensure quality of portfolio reporting information prepared by junior staff, providing broader industry, subsector, and country perspective into project risks and issues.
- Lead efforts to synthesize information from past transactions and extract lessons learned within a targeted area. Identify topics warranting broader and more in-depth analysis.
- Look at prior transactions and track record with specific clients to develop input to future business possibilities.
- Draft memos and concept notes for repeat business. Independently handle waivers, amendments, and ESAM for straightforward portfolio projects (in coordination with relevant departments) under the general supervision of senior investment officer.
- Follow up with mid- and senior-level clients to resolve problems on straightforward projects.
- Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA), Finance or relevant fields; CFA a plus.
- At least 8 years of substantial professional experience in positions of increasing complexity and responsibility that includes significant experience in finance, investment banking, mergers and acquisitions, structured finance, corporate finance, or private equity, with a proven track record of sourcing, structuring and closing investments.
- Strong analytical skills to review and analyze complex financial information. Knowledge and experience in global financial markets including expertise in emerging markets.
- Advanced financial, credit and risk evaluation skills, with demonstrated ability to structure and negotiate a variety of complex financial instruments (debt and equity).
- Experience in identifying, originating and qualifying new business opportunities developing and executing results-driven client engagements.
- Demonstrated strong written, presentation, and communications skills in English and ability to synthesize and present information effectively and tailored to different audiences.
- Excellent business judgment and problem-solving skills to identify issues, present creative, practical solutions, and make and commit to sound decisions, anticipating short and long term implications.
- High degree of diplomacy and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients, staff and managers at all levels. Discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development.
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in other languages a plus.
If the selected candidate is a current World Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 years 0 months term appointment.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.