ICICI Bank - Chief Manager - Corporate Legal Group - LLB (7-12 yrs)
Role - Team Lead - Corporate Legal Group
Location - Mumbai
Roles & responsibilities :
The candidate shall be responsible for advisory to internal stakeholders of the Bank on corporate and commercial banking products and services, with a focus on risk assessment on impact on the Bank's businesses.
- This role will primarily involve advisory on lending transactions and other wholesale banking services offered to large corporate as well as SME clients on an end-to end basis- this includes review of term-sheets, documentation and security creation and identification of risk in case of deviation from standard terms or standard operating procedures.
- Providing professional & strategic advice to various Business Groups within the Bank. Drafting, vetting, advising and negotiating on matters in corporate/commercial banking, structured finance, project finance, general corporate lending and retail banking.
- The candidate would be expected to perform both controlling and facilitating functions and be competent in prevalent banking and financial laws and practice and take the lead on litigation and corporate strategy for non-performing or stressed corporate accounts.
- The role involves drafting, reviewing and negotiating of contracts (including loan or security documents and service provider agreements) as well as advice on product and process development.
Role Deliverables :
- Being a senior role, this includes supervising a team of lawyers to ensure a quick response time on internal requests and offer legally tenable recommendations/ solutions. The candidate is expected to take lead in the development of the team and internal procedures followed by the Bank based on prevailing laws/ the prevailing legal environment.
- The candidate should be quick to adapt to changes in law and ensure all advisory work given is as per current and updated laws/ regulations.
- LLB from top tiered college with 7+ years of experience. Experience in BFSI domain would be preferred.
- Ability to engage with senior stakeholders effectively both internally/externally.
- Alignment to business objectives and a solution focused approach.
- Should have handled a team successfully