Senior Recruiter at ICF Consulting
Views:3154 Applications:153 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
ICF International - Senior Associate/Consultant - USA Wholesale Power Group - Generation Team (5-10 yrs)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you- re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF- together for tomorrow.
Power Senior Consultant- US Wholesale Power Group, Generation, New Delhi, India
ICF in the last year, have:
- Supported asset valuation for multiple buy and side assignment across different regional power markets in the US
- Provided Market Advisory Support to the Legal Counsel of Large IPP under re-structuring in the Eastern US
- Assessed the impact of increasing renewable penetration in different regional power markets in the US
- Quantified the risks to wind developers in Texas of curtailment related to constrained transmission resources
- Forecasted value streams for battery storage in the western U.S.
- Assessed the impact on energy market pricing of offshore wind connecting in the Northeast
- Determined the value of conventional generation resources to system reliability in the Mid-Atlantic
Within the Commercial Energy Practice, our Generation Team provides owners, investors, and developers of energy assets with a comprehensive range of services, including energy market forecasting; market advisory for re-structuring/bankruptcy cases; valuation of new and existing generation assets; congestion and curtailment analysis for wind and solar generators; hedge analysis for thermal and renewables assets.
Our staff includes energy market analysts, specializing in forecasting, market structures, and policy; engineers who understand and model generation and transmission resources and needs from the nodal level all the way up to the interconnect level; and other energy experts offering highly specialized skills in energy economics and market fundamentals.
What would you do?
You will be a key member of a US delivery team within the Commercial Energy Practice. You will be primarily responsible for leading tasks and managing projects to deliver solutions to identified client problems, including review and presentation of analytical findings. You will use a variety of analytical and modeling techniques to develop forecasts of electricity market dynamics and to develop assessments of existing and proposed generation and transmission resources. We need seasoned professionals who can apply their energy market knowledge, analytic problem solving, and modeling skills, to address the key strategic challenges of utilities, developers, and investors as they face rapidly changing energy markets. You will also lead/support development of proposals, whitepapers and webinars.
- Master's degree, preferably in energy systems /electrical / mechanical engineering, but will also consider other engineering degrees, operations research, or economics
- 5+ years of work experience in energy market forecasting and analysis
- 5+ years of experience with nodal electricity market and power market modeling tools (e.g., PROMOD, GE MAPS etc.)
- Strong analytical aptitude, experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Access)
- Financial analysis
- Knowledge of linear optimization / production cost models / applied microeconomics
- Consulting experience
- Experience overseeing staff for task delivery
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.