HSBC - Metals Money Market Specialist - Currency & Commodity Operations (6-12 yrs)
Job Title : Metals MM Specialist
Overall Summary of the Job :
- Currency and Commodity Operations provides comprehensive pre- and post-settlement services, including confirmation and fails management for domestic Money Markets and globally traded Precious Metals.
- The Money Market desk makes up part of the Balance Sheet Management structure. Products covered by Money Market Operations support include Loans and Deposits. Additionally, HSBC is considered the market leader in precious metals with 24-hour global coverage across all precious metals products. HSBC operates the largest commercial metals vaulting facility in the US. Operations Specialists must provide superior client service, timely confirmation, and settlement of transactions, physical logistics support and coordination, daily communication with the Exchanges and internal groups, compliance with market best practices and focus on mitigating risk for our Businesses.
Knowledge/Experience Requirements :
- Experience in processing commodity trade confirmations and settle transactions for Money Market and Precious Metals Trading desks.
- Experience in reviewing and submitting daily reporting of settlement/confirmation breaks and assist in reconciling.
- Experience in superior client service through daily professional phone and email communications with internal/external clients.
- Experience in liaising with the applicable Exchanges, utilizing their websites for creating and breaking of electronic Receipts, and daily reporting to the Exchanges.
- Knowledge in Creating/Providing client statements as required
- Experience in supporting IT projects and implementing business objectives to ensure they are delivered within time.
- The candidates should have had experience in adhering strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with Company's and regulatory standards, policies and practices, report control weaknesses, compliance breaches, and operational loss events.
- Experience in interacting daily with other areas of the GBM including Product Control, Legal, Compliance, and IT.
Decision-Making Responsibility :
- Identifies and analyzes potential financial risk to the bank and ensures the proper resolution is achieved within the bank's guidelines.
- Exercises initiative and independent judgment in resolving client issues. Escalates to senior management (trading and/or operations) any issues that will cause financial loss to the bank or that could affect client relationship.
- Adheres strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards, policies, and practices; reports control weaknesses, compliance breaches, and operational loss events.
- Performs according to prescribed procedures.
Skill Requirements :
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and Good time management
- Ability to work under pressure and analyze issues to determine risks to the business.
- Graduate in any discipline
Management of Risk :
- Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Observation of Internal Controls :
- Each employee must maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year-end performance assessments.
- Each employee must understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.