Recruitment Team at HSBC
Views:5774 Applications:417 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:70
HSBC - Manager - Wholesale Credit Risk (5-10 yrs)
Purpose of the role :
Wholesale Credit Approval function is one of the activities within Wholesale Credit and Market Risk [WMR]. Group WMR reports directly to the HSBC Group's CRO and is responsible for the approvals, policies, portfolio management and reporting on the Group's Wholesale and Market Risk exposures. Group WMR also works with Regional WMR functions across Global Risk to ensure functional consistency and delivery across all group offices.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
The ASP Approvals Team in the Offshore WMR set-up, undertakes judgemental credit decisioning for wholesale credit applications originating from various Group offices across Asia Pacific. The credit proposals encompassing multiple credit products across various industry sectors are submitted by the CMB Relationship Managers from ASP region for appraisal & approval.
The ASP Approvers exercise the CRR based lending authority delegated to them for approving wholesale credit applications. The Offshore WMR Team operates out of 2 locations - Kolkata and Hyderabad.
The aim of this job is to contribute towards building sound quality asset portfolio and a conservative credit culture while ensuring that the credit approval process remains responsive to the customer needs. The job also involves assisting the management of the centralized credit risk management function for the region in the GSC environment.
The jobholder shall have the following responsibilities:-
- Review, recommend and approve credit proposals for Commercial Banking customers in Asia-Pacific in accordance with authorised credit limits.
- Maintain the credit quality of the portfolio and beat forecast impairment projections.
- Proactively identify and highlight emerging risk issues and sub-standard credit exposures and ensure appropriate action is taken to protect Bank interests
- Position Asia-Pacific Risk as a strategic partner to the business through engaging internal customers regularly by understanding and sharing vision, best practice, challenges and potential solutions and by working collaboratively on credit guidelines, operating plans, Medium Term Outlooks and other RMC papers
- Provide feedback and advice to, and maintain effective relations and regular communications with, product and business lines in the jobholder's areas of responsibility
- Maintain effective working relationships with Group Audit and Credit Review & Risk Identification
- Assist with the formulation of Wholesale Risk policies and provide inputs to Asia-Pacific Risk Policy and Risk Strategy teams as and when required
- Remain updated on and assist with periodic reviews of Business Instruction Manuals, Functional Instruction Manuals and other Group policies and guidelines, as well as preparing and evaluating specific propositions and strategy papers
- Provide guidance and training to the new joiners who join offshore Asia-Pacific Risk teams from time to time
- Development & generation of MI to monitor quality / quantity of outputs.
- Ensure business continuity and stability
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Academics - University degree in commerce/ economics/ management/ engineering. Preference will be given to the candidates holding MBA-Finance or equivalent/ CA/ ICWA/ CS/ CAIIB/ CFA etc.
- Experience - 5+ years of relevant experience in handling Large Corporate / MME Credit in a reputed Bank/ FI.
- Comprehensive exposure to all fund & non fund based credit products viz., term loans, OD/CC, LC/BG, bill discounting, factoring, forex loans, etc. Thorough understanding of International Trade Financing is preferred.
- Familiarity with other specialised lending areas such as Commodity and Structured Trade Finance as well as the latest financing structures in the market
- Strong analytical and technical skills, with the ability to understand and consolidate diverse and intricate business information and identify and mitigate risk issues
- Eye for conducting detailed diligence given the complexities involved, and at the same time be change-oriented given the evolving market and nature of the transactions
- Capacity to maintain strong constructive relationships with Area Risk Teams, Business Team Heads and relationship teams. Capable of providing real time advice and guidance on credit to the business teams
- Ability to deal with and present conflicting views to senior management in a clear and succinct manner
- Capacity to cope with pressure and tight deadlines given the time critical nature of the deals
- Excellent communication skills with the capacity to confidently express credit opinions in discussions involving various senior stakeholders from multiple functions and geographies.