HSBC - Financial Research Editor (3-8 yrs)
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realize their ambitions.
The Opportunity :
We at HSBC, Global Research, Bangalore, are seeking a detail-oriented editor from the Financial Research domain, preferably from sell-side or third-party financial research service providers.
Summary of the Role :
- Editing financial research reports including all asset classes such as Equities, Fixed Income, Economics, etc. by liaising closely with Supervisory Analysts- ("SAs") and Research Analysts
- Identifying number discrepancies in reports, i.e. checking if numbers in text versus charts and
- tables match, and key numbers and views are consistent through a report
- Proactively analysing priorities on a daily basis, through clear and effective communication with the SAs and the Editorial team
- Conducting trainings for Analysts on editorial and SA guidelines
- Actively communicating and developing a strong, positive relationship with various teams
Overall skillset required :
- Detail-oriented editing
- Strong oral and written communication
- Strong coordination skills
- Strong time management
- Strong team player
What you'll do :
Responsibilities of the role :
- Line-editing time-sensitive Research in line with HSBC style and ensuring that documents meet publishing deadlines
- Multitasking in a busy environment and review a variety of products: notes, in-depth company initiations, industry reports, and PowerPoint presentations
- Rephrasing complex text for clarity and precision
- Developing a strong understanding of HSBC style guidelines and the various Global Research products
- Fine-tuning editing styles according to product and analyst writing style for best results
- Crosschecking TPs, key ratios, numbers and ratings in the text vs tables and charts and other published reports and ensuring they are consistent through the report
- Verifying if numbers in financial models match with the corresponding tables in Research reports and ensuring appropriate valuations and risks are in place
- Reviewing equity (incl. equity strategy) and fixed income (including fundamental credit, emerging markets corporate credit, emerging markets strategy, economics and commodities) research to ensure that SA checks are in place
- Developing in-depth knowledge of SA guidelines and processes
- Checking research reports for compliance with regulations in different jurisdictions, in line with SA guidelines
Conducting trainings for analysts on the SA process and Editorial guidelines
Bachelor's or master's in journalism/communication/English language. Professional qualification/certification in Finance is an added advantage
- 3-8 years of experience in language editing, with at least 3-5 years in Financial Research preferably in an investment banking / research set-up
Timings: Should be willing to work in flexi hours, especially covering Hong Kong and UK time zones
You'll achieve more at HSBC
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role."
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.