HSBC - Business Analyst - Global Banking (3-8 yrs)
Group Entity:Global Banking
Role TitleBusiness Analyst
Role Purpose (overall high level summary of the role):
- Within the Wholesale Basel III Reform Programme, this role supports the Collateral and Core Banking work streams within the Programme which are mandated to capture Global Banking (GB), Commercial Banking (CMB), and Global Trade and Receivables Finance (GTRF) requirements for Basel III reforms enhancements to Collateral management, and Basel III reforms implications for limit management and transactional / product systems, respectively.
- The role holder will be expected to work closely with the Programme Business Analysts, Project Managers, and other stakeholders globally to support delivery of clear and concise business requirements, document as-is business processes, perform gap analysis, and help to define to-be processes. As the Programme progresses, involvement in supporting implementation activities and acceptance testing may be required.
- Particular expertise is required around:
- Good experience of documenting business requirements and / or conducting process analysis / mapping is necessary, ideally gained with a consultancy or directly within a Commercial Banking / Investment Banking environment
- Experience of the Programme / Project lifecycle
- Excellent interpersonal skills, stakeholder engagement and management
- Prior experience working within HSBC is highly desirable
- Good understanding of Wholesale credit risk, ideally gained within regulatory projects, is desirable
- Knowledge of the end-to-end credit risk lifecycle and collateral; including collateral types, collateral-related data attributes, criteria for use in credit risk mitigation, impact on modelled risk parameters, collateral perfection, revaluation, discharge / release etc. would be highly beneficial
- Experience of working with a combination of Relationship Bankers, Credit Risk, Regulatory Reporting, and Finance teams globally would be beneficial
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holders abilities):
- Content heavy role Business Analysts must demonstrate strong business knowledge and sound business sense, and stay abreast of the industry, business-wise, technology-wise, and with specific regard to regulatory frameworks.
- Working in an environment where the data is not entirely robust and where processes and system interactions may not be entirely clear and will require detailed as-is analysis and will require triangulating different views
- Having an ability to take complex subject matter and complex problems and translate them into clear change requirements.
- Due to the global nature of this role, ongoing and continuous communication and negotiation are fundamental to its success
- The job holder is required to work in an environment dealing with major group wide issues and differing regulatory requirements
- Engaging sites and regions to elicit and secure support through all stages of the project life cycle in an environment of ever increasing resource constraints and reducing availability
- Stakeholder complexity Business Analysts will need to work with multiple business stakeholders and related work-streams, dealing with different interests and resolving disagreements and conflicts, and preventing scope creep.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
- Business Analysis deliverables
- Overall financial services industry knowledge, ideally gained within a wholesale or investment banking environment (highly desirable)
- Knowledge of banking products and services from risk perspective (desirable)
- Credit Risk regulatory framework and Basel III accord (desirable)
- Understanding of risk management and credit mitigants (desirable)
- An understanding of collateral management within a wholesale banking environment (desirable)
- Business & Systems Analysis, Requirements Management, Process re-engineering
- Proactive and able to work independently
- Ability to take ownership of deliverables and meet agreed timescales
- Good communication, inter-personal and negotiating skills
- Good decision making and problem solving ability
- Advanced judgmental skills to identify, record and resolve problems
- Experience of working with disparate teams and resources located remotely
- Ability to research and develop themes for client deep dive sessions and internal business meetings
- Strong IT skills (including Word, Excel, Visio, Powerpoint etc)
- Track record as a business analyst and / or consultant, ideally with experience within the Financial Sector and with a focus on Wholesale banking and Credit Risk
- Desirable to have experience at HSBC within regulatory projects or Credit Risk
- Desirable to have CBAP, PMP or Prince2 qualifications