Recruiter at HSBC
Views:6278 Applications:379 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:107
HSBC - AVP - Finance Operations (8-12 yrs)
Job Title : AVP- Finance Operations
Department : Operational Accounting - Global Finance Centre
Location : NCR
Reporting to : VP - Global Finance Centre
Purpose of Department :
Global Finance is integral to HSBC's purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Global Finance Centres (GFC) is core to Global Finance and provides a variety of financial support services to In-Country teams across the HSBC Group.
GFC Operational Accounting (OA) is responsible to provide outstanding Financial Control support in the areas of Period End Close, Accounting control & assurance and Site Reporting (GRCA reporting/Regulatory Reporting, MI and manual returns). OA is a very important function under the overall umbrella of Financial control. OA ensures that there are adequate controls / checks on the sourcing, preparation and reporting of all outputs to be produced by the FR team.
This role is that of a senior leader in the OA sub-function for a region/LOB and all legal entities within that region/LOB. The end to end process will include :
(a) Managing complex accounting events such as manual journals, which are key to the ledger close, provide robust accounting and business insight into TB analysis, substantiation, exception management and book closure
(b) Managing monthly and quarterly GRCA/FINREP reporting/Regulatory Reporting, MI and manual returns.
(c) Extensive involvement with all stakeholders.
Key responsibilities :
Service Delivery :
- Process Leader for one of the Operational Accounting work streams for the region/LOB and all legal entities within that.
- Should be a subject matter expert in the area of financial control & accounting and have an end to end knowledge
- Should have extensive exposure in various aspects of Site Reporting (GRCA reporting/Regulatory Reporting/ MI Reporting and Manual return ) and have the ability to move to a hands-on approach, where required.
- SME in closure of books per IFRS/HIGAAP/US GAAP
- Experienced in analytical review
- Coordinate with the regional finance teams for preparation of accounts, timely closure of GL, completion of Site Reporting.
- Operate within tight deadline for production and reporting activities; at the same time not compromise on accuracy
- Establish and run a strong quality control framework for outputs and activities.
- Drive governance on exceptions. Seek inputs from various stakeholders
- Lead new projects/assignments/process : Identify, Drive, Build & operate it as BAU
- Connect with other departments for end to end and satisfactory service delivery.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work in an efficient manner.
Risks & Controls :
- Maintain defined operations Risk framework
- Adherence to Group policies, IFRS reporting requirements, audit, controls and compliance requirements. This also includes and is not limited to Declaration of secrecy, data protection act, health, safety and security, clear desk policy
- Ensure BC plan is documented, agreed with In Country team and tested for all the processes as agreed
- Responsible for timely update and maintenance of RCAs, BIAs, PLAs and ensuring all other documents like the SOPs are in place and updated.
- Robust back up planning for uninterrupted service delivery.
Customer/ Stakeholder :
- Drive performance to agreed service levels and manage In-Country teams- expectations in a timely and professional manner
- Establish and maintain effective relationship with business areas and identify areas of service improvements by implementing regular calls and feedback mechanism
- Operational capability must be maintained all year round given the frequency of reporting periods (monthly plus additional requirements quarterly, half-yearly and annually).
- Manage / Support In Country relationship effectively.
Key Customers :
- In country OA teams
- Global projects team
- Other internal customers
- Manage transitions of new processes
- Drive Transformation and Integration Initiatives
- Deliver process improvement/efficiency. Partner with change management to support continuing process re-engineering initiatives.
- Effective communication with Team on decided Organisation changes and goals
- Achieve efficiency in operations and maintain work-life balance. Effectively drive change and achieve cross-training
- Drive and maintain performance in team to required standards.
- Maintain high level of employee engagement.
- Create an environment within the team which fosters free sharing of knowledge and ideas
- Develop the soft skills and technical competency by putting enrolling into trainings.
Skills/Experience Required :
- CA/CPA/ACCA/MBA/ICWAI with strong Financial Control and Stakeholder Management skills and strong background of IFRS norms are preferred. Overall post qualification experience of not less than 8 -12 years
- Prior experience in month end closure processes and Site Reporting is required
- Strong knowledge of month end closure & Reporting processes at Financial Institutions will be preferred
- Proven track record of role in controllership in BFSI sector and sound knowledge of financial products and businesses such as Commercial Banking and Global Banking etc.
- Experience in managing large (20 +) teams in specialized functions
- Excellent communication skills, including experience of explaining complex technical matters simply
- Effective leader who can manage cross functional teams
- Good knowledge of Analytical tools, MS Access Database, SAS will have an added advantage
- Change and transformation experience will be a plus
- Working knowledge of FTP/HUB/PSGL/CODA, etc.
- Experience that demonstrates ability to deliver BAU and Change/ Transformation Projects
- Experience in policy interpretation and implementation
- Previous tenured employment with a Financial Institution will be an advantage
- Experience of working with colleagues and stakeholders cross-border in a multinational organization
- Working/detailed knowledge of Operational framework/rules
- Proven track record of leading by example in terms of values and behavior.
- Experience of working with processes involving US GAAP / HIGAAP/ IFRS understanding.
- Understanding of Global markets, products, securities etc.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.