HSBC - Associate/AVP - Quantitative Strategy - IIT/NIT (1-3 yrs)
Job Description :
Job Title :
Associate / AVP - Quantitative Strategy
HSBC- HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world having an international network comprises over 6,100 offices in 72 countries and territories in Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, the Americas, the Middle East and Africa
Global Banking & Markets - Global Banking and markets (GBM) provides tailored financial services to the large corporate and institutional clients across the globe covering a broad spectrum of Transaction Banking, M&A, Derivatives, Debt & Equity Financing, Research, etc
Strategic Transaction Group : Identifies, structures and executes a range of transactions for corporate, financial institutions and governments. Transactions include mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, split-offs, issuance of equity or debt capital.
Global Service Centers: The GBM Service Centers provide operational analytical support to the business areas and functions within GBM. GBM service centers more than 5,000 member strong and consists of a network of offshore centers based across Bangalore, Colombo, Guangzhou, Kuala Lumpur, Kolkata, Krakow and Manila
A Quantitative Strategist is expected to help Global Banking businesses in the application of Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning techniques in arriving at a variety of actionable intelligence ranging from predictive pricing, predicting macro-economic phenomenon in identifying and testing client opportunities on the back of vast and disparate client and market data e.g. Bond Pricing, IPO/FPO pricing and performance, M&A target selection and valuation.
Skills required :
- Expertise in predictive analytics algorithms like Logistic/Probit Regression, CART, Decision modeling, and understanding of machine learning algorithms like Neural networks, Support Vector Regression etc.,
- Prior work experience in applying data analytics and statistical modelling across at least one of the Capital Markets businesses, e.g. Equities, fixed income, foreign exchange or commodities
- Familiarity with Equity and Fixed Income markets, Corporate Finance and risk analytics. Aptitude to understand model requirements and assess model outputs for reasonableness
- Good understanding of Global Banking and Markets products, specifically in Equity Capital Markets, various Bond Markets, FX markets, money market products, and derivatives
- Expert knowledge of Python, R / MATLAB / SAS / SPSS, VBA, MS Excel is must. Familiarity with Bloomberg, Reuters preferred.
- Steer focus to analysis of client situations and problems rather than on product innovation
- Excellent communication skills to construct coherent recommendations for the Global Banking stakeholders
- Manage deadlines, escalate issues promptly, and prioritize workload
- Flexibility to adapt to UK/US/HK hours.
- M.Stat. / M.Sc. (Stat) / PhD in econometrics / statistics
- IIT / NIT + relevant experience in data sciences
- Additional qualifications like CFA, FRM, CQF etc., preferable
Career History :
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the details mentioned in the - Skills required- section