Consultant at ProEdge
Views:1853 Applications:138 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:126
HR Specialist - Learning & Development/Compensation & Benefits - Publishing House (6-8 yrs)
Our Client : One of the leading Consumer Books Publisher in the world with more than 100 Branded Imprints and Publishing approximately 10,000 new books every year.
As a HR specialist : You will be responsible for delivering a world-class employee training and capability enhancement programs. You will be working across other HR activities pertaining to development, total rewards, employee relations and policies, as well as establishing strategic organizational development plans to ensure that HR function is dynamic and capable of supporting the delivery of ambitious business growth plans.
Key Responsibilities :
- Develop and implement an annual agenda for HR Learning & Development in line with the business plan. Ensure HR plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation, as and when they occur
- Conduct training needs analysis and designs and implement a training plan with input from business heads.
- Work closely with the departmental heads and project heads to provide the core HR services
- Focus on leadership development and work closely with the management team
- Ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and legally compliant.
- Scale, challenge the way things are done to develop world-class teams and people
- Design and implement employee relations and communications programs
- Provide counselling / advice on cultural and country-specific practices, where necessary
- Effectively instill the corporate culture, vision and values within the company
- Implement new HR practices for talent retention and overall organization development
- Advise and work on issues of compensation, and benefits
Key Skills Required :
- Able to function in a fast - moving environment
- Problem solving, results-oriented with a positive attitude
- Can quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with department managers. Demonstrable maturity, professionalism and gravitas
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
- Able to problem solve both operational and strategic issues through a pragmatic and commercially sound approach
- Effectively plans ahead to anticipate problems, plans for worst-case and best-case scenarios
- Demonstrates passion - approaches all tasks in an enthusiastic way. Committed to upholding professional standards
- Capable communication skills - handles complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence