Hike Messenger - Senior Product Analyst/Product Analyst (1-6 yrs)
Hike is a home grown social messaging app building for the incredibly vast and diverse Indian market. We are building products with the aim of simplifying the internet. Hike is backed by SoftBank, Tiger Global, Tencent, Foxconn & Bharti. Till date, it has raised $261 million. In August 2016, Hike raised its Series D round of funding led by Tencent and Foxconn at a valuation of $1.4 Billion and achieved the feat of being one of the fastest to attain Unicorn status amongst Indian startups in under 4 years. We are looking for someone driven by the challenge of making a product that people love, while solving real, complex problems.
Some of our Core Values:
Operate like a Pro-Sports Team (Outcomes > Egos): Pro sports teams are built to win games and Championships. That's our goal
Be Customer Obsessed: Always work backward from what the customers want. Talking to customers, for example, is a great way to get out of our heads and put all the theories running wild in our minds to test
Obsess to Simplify: It is very easy to make things complex, but very complex to make things very simple. We realise complexity is a trap and strive to avoid it
Hustle. Progress - Perfection: Just keep moving and aim for the 1% improvements every day
Skills/Qualifications for this Role :
- Bachelors in Math, Statistics, Comp Science, Engineering, or other technical field is a must; advanced degrees will be preferred.
- Very good understanding of mobile and Internet products, growth strategies and business dynamics.
- 1-6 years experience performing quantitative analysis, preferably for an Internet or technology company.
- Strong hands-on experience with SQL.
- Comfortable manipulating, transforming, and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources. Experience with querying massive scale data with Hive and BigQuery is preferred
- Experience in reporting and dashboarding with tools like Tableau, Looker, Qlikview, Google Analytics etc
- Good understanding of statistical analysis, data warehousing, data modeling.
- Experience with statistical packages such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS etc. is preferred
- Ability to execute research projects and craft actionable recommendations.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoy working in both individual and team settings.
Roles & Responsibilities -
- Continuously turning business questions into data analysis to make data & evidence based decisions and crucial business recommendations.
- Create visual displays of quantitative information to deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership
- Develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs. Continue to help us automate processes to increase everyone- productivity.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to understand their business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations.
- Experimentation is at the core of what you do. You own and evangelize data-driven experimentation in the team to improve the product offerings, and document it.