Employer at Peoplenomic
Views:742 Applications:190 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Head - Treasury - Financial Institution (10-19 yrs)
- The Head of Treasury role is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of treasury operations. This includes but is not limited to investment strategies, banking relationships, risk management, debt management, and cash management.
- The role leads a dedicated team of professionals and plays a pivotal role in optimizing the group's financial resources to support our global operations and growth within the respective regulatory framework, while mitigating operational, financial, and reputational risks. The role demands strong financial acumen, strategic thinking, and excellent leadership skills.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Qualified Chartered Accountant or Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. Master's degree in Finance or professional certification (CFA/CTP) is preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of experiences out of which 10+ years in Treasury Management and Operations
- Experience in Treasury Management, preferrable in a listed company of financial institution
- Experience of raising funds, debt and/or equity will be preferred.
- Should have had team management experience
- Experienced strategist capable of effectively interacting with diverse stakeholders, including shareholders, the Board of Directors, senior management, financial institutions, insurance providers, and heads of various business units etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking products, trade finance, foreign exchange instruments, and cash management solutions.
- Understanding of the company's operations, cash flow dynamics, capital structure, and the working capital cycle
- Strong understanding of investment products for deploying surplus funds and well-established relationships with leading banks in Hong Kong and the United Arab Emirates.
- Proficiency in comprehending financial statements and creating business projections to align with the needs of financial institutions.
- Excellent knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment as it relates to the group's financial resources and treasury operations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with effective facilitation, influencing, and problem-solving abilities to collaborate effectively with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Proficiency in using treasury management systems and financial software.
- Proven leadership abilities with the capacity to motivate and develop a high-performing team
5. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. CASH MANAGEMENT: Responsible for managing the company's cash flow and ensuring that there is sufficient liquidity to meet operational needs. This involves monitoring cash balances, forecasting cash flows, and implementing strategies to optimize cash utilization.
2. RISK MANAGEMENT: Responsible for identifying, assessing, and managing financial risks faced by the company. This includes interest rate risk, foreign exchange risk, credit risk, and market risk. The Head Treasury develops risk management policies and procedures to mitigate these risks and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
3. CAPITAL STRUCTURE MANAGEMENT: This plays a vital role in determining the optimal capital structure for the company. This involves analyzing the cost of capital, evaluating different sources of funding (debt or equity), and making recommendations to senior management regarding capital-raising activities such as issuing bonds or shares.
4. BANKING RELATIONSHIPS: Building and maintaining strong relationships with banks and other financial institutions to support financial activities. They negotiate banking facilities, manage bank accounts, and ensure compliance with banking covenants.
5. INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT: Oversees the company's investment portfolio, ensuring that surplus funds are invested in accordance with the company's investment policy. They evaluate investment opportunities, conduct due diligence, and monitor investment performance.
6. TREASURY OPERATIONS: Manages day-to-day treasury operations, including cash disbursements, collections, and reconciliations. They also oversee treasury systems and technology infrastructure to ensure efficient processes and accurate reporting.
7. FINANCIAL REPORTING AND COMPLIANCE: Responsible for preparing accurate and timely financial reports related to treasury activities. They ensure compliance with accounting standards, regulatory requirements, and internal controls.
8. TEAM LEADERSHIP: Responsible for leading and managing a team of treasury professionals for a high level of performance. This includes setting performance objectives, providing guidance, coaching and support, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
9. CREDIT RISK MANAGEMENT:
Evaluating and managing the credit portfolio risk for our customers, setting portfolio limits, reporting sales declarations, handling claims, and monitoring insurance limits. Additionally, you'll gather market intelligence, report to senior management, and ensure annual reviews of credit insurance policies. Interacting with insurance companies and financial institutions to negotiate and establish insurance limits for our customers, facilitating insurance-backed factoring and risk management solutions.
The role overall requires leading the development and implementation of treasury strategies to optimize financial resources, manage risks, and fuel company growth by building strong relationships with internal stakeholders, corporate team, and business unit leaders for achieving overall business objectives.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.