Head - Supply Chain - FMCG (10-15 yrs)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop strategic/tactical region or area specific supply chain management initiatives to minimize supply chain costs and lead-time between farm gates to consumer's plate
- Lead and direct inventory management system to ensure order fulfilment to customers with the freshest stock possible
- Ensure that the product shelf life is maximum and wastage is minimum by introducing right packaging, adhering to the industry beating Supply Chain standards and adopting international best standards.
- Ensures the quality and efficiency of operations across all clients and projects, and ensures accountability throughout the supply chain
- Responsible to serve as the focal point for operations (procurement, order fulfillment, logistics, and freight) for all product
- Works closely with other unit leads and leadership to ensure the Supply Chain Operations Unit operates effectively and efficiently to bring excellent service, commodity security, and low cost and/or best value to the countries and clients
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities across supply chain operations.
- Act as a key liaison with clients on procurement, fulfillment, logistics, and freight related issues.
- Oversee and work toward improvement of fulfillment processes and adherence to donor and client general procurement guidelines and policy.
- Oversee and work towards improvement of supplier performance, transportation routes and load management.
- Oversee and contribute to the development of and/or generation and distribution of project reports and other communication as required.
Master degree / Specialization in Fresh Category (F&V), Supply Chain Management & Logistics
Skills & Experience:
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts and continuous improvement efforts.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within deadline and prioritize effectively, while delivering high quality work.
- Solution oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong negotiation skills at a senior level
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills with strong sense of client service.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work in a team with diverse cultural backgrounds.