Head - Supply Chain - Fertilizer Firm (10-18 yrs)
Industry - Fertilizers / Pesticides
Category - Operations
Skills - Fertilizers, Supply Chain, Distribution, Logistics, Rail Freight, Bulk Products, Plants, Dealers, Warehouse, Inventory Management,
Job Type - Permanent
Job Description - The role is responsible for increasing the market penetration, turnover and profitability through efficient management of trading business. It will also provide strategic support and market leverage to marketing team through port handling and marketing.
Our client is one of the leaders in the industrial chemicals and fertilizers segment alongside a global presence and an ever-increasing India footprint. With clear focus on global & local growth, leveraging on its existing product and plant synergies and adding incremental product lines, new plants and manufacturing capacities, they are currently in the middle of a phenomenal growth trajectory. They are looking for a Supply Chain Leader as a part of their senior management team.
- Drive the strategic direction of the demand and supply planning process, with a focus on outstanding customer service and supply chain visibility while minimizing supply chain risks.
- Interact with sales, marketing and finance to better understand demand forecast drivers and work to maximize accuracy of the forecasting, planning and replenishment functions.
- Drive organizational alignment through the S&OP process.
- Pursue continuous improvement within each of the planning processes.
- Drive excellence in new product introduction. Help set the service targets for the company and exceed those targets annually. Assure best-practice in inventory management and replenishment.
- Coach the career growth of supply chain professionals with a focus on providing excellent service to our internal and external customers.
- Assure the monthly processes are effectively managed and improved and facilitate an engaging and effective cross-functional business meeting.
- Own the supply-chain portion of annual budgeting and capital planning processes. Collaborate with the senior leadership team to create and
continuously revisit a supply chain strategy to meet the evolving needs of the business and our customers.
- Drive the development and execution of special projects across the entire supply chain. Clearly understand the Supply Chain operational and cost implications of the business strategy and implement this knowledge in all decisions.
- Produce detailed cost-to-serve models and make cost/service recommendations with the outcome of lowering overall cost to serve within the supply chain and improving velocity of inventory.
- Drive the development and execution of special projects across the entire supply chain organization as the Project Management expert, including best-practices for production scheduling, plant level-loading, inventory accuracy & control including a robust cycle-counting program, and supply planning toolkit.
- Work effectively cross functionally with supply chain peer group in identifying, prioritizing and delivering on a wide range of projects and initiatives.
- Develop systems to optimize material supply across the network of manufacturing facilities within Stanley Infrastructure, including leading the strategy and decision-making process on offshore vs local supply, safety stock levels, order quantities, and logistics for components common to multiple sites and cross-supply of internal components between sites.
The client is looking for someone with at least 12-15 years' experience along with an Engineering degree and an MBA. Previous experience of having handled supply chain operations in agrochemical/fertilizer/chemical industry is highly preferred.
The role involves managing a significantly large staff span and hence strong people management and cross functional leadership experience is a must.
Opportunity to be a part of a meritocratic environment with strong level of independence to drive the company forward besides working with the board on key strategic initiatives.
Contact - Swapnil Khetan - +91 (0) 22 4236 3332
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.