Senior Consultant at Symbiosis Management Consultants
Views:1366 Applications:472 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:59
Head - Strategy Consulting (15-20 yrs)
Directs a variety of business strategy projects that produce recommendations for addressing major strategic opportunities
- Identifies major strategic opportunities that affect the industry or company.
- Directs multiple business strategy projects that produce recommendations for addressing major strategic issues, identify major growth opportunities and develop business plans for realizing these opportunities; projects may be within a business unit, across multiple business units, or involve the creation of a new business venture, such as a joint venture, equity alliance, acquisition, etc.
- Leads and directs teams in the design and development of strategy.
- Partners with global teams to strengthen the strategy community across countries and business units.
- Works closely with the CEO, COO, Business Segment Presidents and their Staffs, Board of Directors and key internal or external constituents.
- Communicates complex strategy topics clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences through both written and oral communication.
- Anticipates needs of the business with a strategic mindset; applies strategic frameworks to analyze problems and develop solutions.
- Provides quality assurance for manager-led projects.
- Drives continuous improvement for the strategy function to drive consistency and sustainability.
- Actively leads campus recruiting activities, including brand-building on campus through presentations, social interactions and other activities on campus; interviews; interviews professional hires.
- Determines incoming project prioritization and staffing assignments
- Develops, prioritizes, and manages the annual operating plan for strategy projects and the work team.
- Recruits, selects, develops, manages, motivates, coaches, and mentors managers; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates work assignments considering project demands, employee skills and development needs
Scope of role :-
1. Reporting to the India CEO and dotted line to the Global Strategy Leader
2. Part of the India Leadership Team and the Strategy Leadership Team
3. Supporting India ABO (4 Business segments, central functions and Corporate Groups, JVs) in all strategic activities
4. Size of strategy team: 2 project leaders, 4 analysts
5. 1 growth office leader
Engage effectively with the board members
- Learn quickly and role model Leadership behaviors
- Build relationships with India Leadership team members
- Contribute to the important business / people / policy related discussions for the ABO as a part of the India Leadership Team
- Manage the ERM process Internal Risk Committee and Risk Management Committee
- Engage with the corporate strategy team in the US, in other ABOs for exchanging ideas, getting thoughts and feedback, talent management discussions etc.
- Mergers & Acquisition experience can add value but its not a mandatory requirement for the role.