HR at Recruise India Consulting
Views:1716 Applications:108 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:48
Head - Specialized Accounting - CA - BFS (12-16 yrs)
Sub- Department Finance - Specialized Accounting
Job Title Head - Specialized Accounting
Reports to Finance Director
Operating Environment & Job Purpose :
The group has two main lines of business Employee Benefits and Insurance Broking and has its presence through 200 companies in over 40 countries.
The Specialized Accounting team partners with the Finance Departments of the operating entities of the client group and its external clients for their corporate accounting and reporting functions ( including but not limited to producing first draft accounts, captive insurance accounting, pension fund accounting, discretionary trust accounting ) and expense management.
The role is resident with the Finance function of Client in India and requires the incumbent to work closely with all Operating Companies globally. The incumbent is responsible to support the delivery of relevant, timely and accurate reporting of financial management information to internal stakeholders
- To transition, stabilise and improvise record to report, procure to pay and order to cash activities of all verticals that fall under Global Finance COE and ensure delivery of specified objectives - relevant, timely and accurate reporting of financial management information to internal and external stakeholders.
Roles Framework (KPI) :
Delivery Management 1- Benchmark practices with the best
2- Create global CoE- s
3- Management of long-term functional objectives
4- Resource prioritization
1- Role model excellence
2- Build capabilities based on long-term objectives
3- Manage talent, plan succession and develop potential
4- Identify and develop career paths to build talent
5- Build a continuous learning culture
1- Influence & build long-term relationships
2- Identify, design and implement sustainable solutions
Foresight 1- Drive a compelling medium to long term vision
2- Anticipate/plan opportunities and challenges
Change Management 1- Provide inputs on change triggers
2- Communicate and drive buy-in for change
3- Eliminate obstacles
Organisational Perspective 1- Lead organisational projects
2- Safeguard/drive credibility and reputation
Principle Account abilities
- Own and deliver finance migration targets for the global finance COE.
- Lead workforce of 140 - 150 team members across R2R, O2C and P2P.
- Work with the Business Transformation team in scoping activities for the finance migrations.
- Stabilise successful migration and improve process efficiencies.
- Ensure adherence to the agreed SLA with the internal stakeholders for all finance operations.
- Review complex management accounts as agreed with the internal stakeholders.
- Build, develop and retain capabilities within the team to achieve the stated goals.
- Provide timely, accurate and compliant record to report services including statutory reporting in accordance with local IFRS principles.
- Ensure service level agreements and performance targets related to the R2R (record to report) processes are met.
- Produce routine reports, schedules, and summaries for internal & external customers
- Accountable for all P2P work streams.
- Supervising timely payments without service impact to vendors.
- Providing meaningful, concise and clear analysis on P2P operations / SLA / deliverables to stakeholders
- Strong background in O2C operations with strong experience in process re-engineering, change management and Systems transformation and consolidation.
Subordinates - Day to day interaction with DRs to provide advice on exceptions
- Weekly interactions with DRs to review BAU
- Monthly interactions with all team members to review BAU
Superiors - Day to Day interaction with reporting authority for strategic direction and to provide update on progress
- Fortnightly interaction with the CEO for updates on projects and objectives
- Fortnightly interaction with stakeholders (senior level) to obtain feedback and consult / update on changes if any.
- Participate and proactively contribute to general management activities of our client as a member of the Senior Management Team
Education - Essential: Chartered Accountant, Accounting degree ( like CA, CIMA, ACCA etc.)
- Desirable: Degree related to Insurance, MBA, Diploma in IFRS
Experience - 12-15 years+ of experience in finance and accounting functions.
- At least 5-6 years- experience of handling a team size of at least 60 - 100 team members.
- Worked in offshoring and managed F&A transitions in Insurance domain
- Experience setting a shared services set up
- Must have global exposure.
Skills & Abilities - Very strong accounting concepts
- Ability to lead and manage a large team
- Communication and presentation Skills
- Ability to influence
- Attention to details (at a supervisory level where the person has an eye for detail and can get into details as and when required)
- Must be able to multi task
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.