Senior Consultant at Symbiosis Management Consultants
Views:1455 Applications:363 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Head - Sourcing/Purchase - Manufacturing (12-25 yrs)
Female Candidates apply
Sourcing Director Purchasing
Job Summary :
- Plans, develops, and implements a global sourcing strategy. Directs the sourcing function for all materials, supplies, and equipment in support of corporate purchasing operations and goals.
- Ensures sourcing strategy reflects diverse requirements and complies with all regulatory standards.
- Provides broad leadership in sourcing processes that capitalize on opportunities for the business.
- Leads the selection of vendors and other sources of supplies; builds strong and trusting supplier relationships.
- Negotiates highly complex sourcing contracts; directs the assurance that all terms of sourcing agreements are met by suppliers.
- Establishes target setting goals and objectives.
- Mitigates risk and promotes compliance by establishing and maintaining valued relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Develop strategy and lead category team on early product/technology development
- Communicates and collaborates regularly with purchasing leadership at all levels.
- Manages the identification and implementation of continuous improvement strategies within key processes.
- Ensures the appropriate tools are available to capture data and information critical to decision making in the organization.
- Advises and consults with internal business partners on sourcing processes and procedures.
- Actively contributes to annual planning (AOP) at the business unit and corporate level.
- Presents sourcing and procurement issues to corporate leadership; provides thought leadership for addressing issues.
- Actively promotes and uses fundamental operating mechanisms such as the Cummins Operating System (COS) and Six Sigma.
- Develops, leads, and motivates management staff; sets goals in training and development, performance, and career planning.
- Formulates annual operational and financial budgets as they relate to unit objectives.
Qualifications and Competencies :
Balances stakeholders - Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Builds effective teams - Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and
perspectives to achieve common goals.
Courage - Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
Develops talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals.
Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Drives vision and purpose - Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
Manages Ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
Change Management - Applies the CMI structured process and tool set for engaging individuals and organizations through change to achieve and sustain business results and outcomes.
Category Strategy Development - Establishes category strategy using Total Value Performance approach to define the Supply Base and Technology Strategy to meet all current and future
Cost Management - Establishes and controls product and service costs using functional tools to deliver and track product and services at competitive prices; ensures competitiveness of products in our markets while preserving desired margins.
Negotiations Excellence - Utilizes tools and methods in negotiations to achieve stakeholder objectives and achieve a mutually agreed upon all contract terms between all parties.
Supplier Relationship Management - Manages strategic supplier using agreed process with established work plan, senior sponsor meetings, and scorecards; defines and evaluates a collaborative relationship with a Category Partners List supplier to deliver value to the supplier.
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
Experience: Significant experience required, including strategy, managerial, and budgetary competence.